40D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muay_Thai_Dan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HELLO!, ive been lurking around on tpf for a little while now. i JUST today got my Canon 40D :D :D :D:lovey: cant wait to start shooting and learning!!

ive been using a canon point and shoot for the past few years, and finally got a digital SLR which i've wanted for years! but ive saved up my pennies, and it paid off :)

:heart:40D:heart:!!

edit: oh and i got the 17-85mm kit lens! and im from Toronto Canada! :D any other torontonians on here??

Congratulations, it's a good camera... used it for 8 months without disappointments.

Have fun shooting, and read the manual, first time i was like "i'm going to learn without reading the manual" and it was quite easy, but when i read the manual, i noticed i only knew only the tip of the iceberg about the camera. It can do so much more then you can expect :))

Cool! Welcome to the middle weight class.. I have a 40D and dig it. Here are some interesting things about it.

You have to enable live view before you can trigger it with the set button. It is pretty easy to find in the menu, this could have changed with firmware and latter manufacture dates. Despite some strong opinions about Live View, I like pulling focus at 15X on a tripod, or even from the laptop (EOS utility) in a studio like setup.

You can set up mode 2 shooting where the mirror flip is delayed until you release the shutter button, there is only a minor click from the shutter curtain at exposure. I guess this is so you don't scare off little mammals and such..

Be sure to test RAW and the conversion application, there are some interesting tools in there and things you can only do at the higher bit depth of the RAW format. If you get a keeper shot you want to preserve at maximum bit depth, setup the RAW app to export at 16 bits and save as PSD, TIFF, ETC. You will need to change the mode down to 8 bit for jpgs and some other formats. Watch your file size if you composite at 16 bit.

-Shea

Welcome! I have a 40D also, you'll love it.

Welcome Canon user!

A big hello from a fellow Torontonian. And congrats on the new Canon!

Greetings from another Torontonian :) Better late than never, right?

Congratulations, it's a good camera... used it for 8 months without disappointments.

Have fun shooting, and read the manual, first time i was like "i'm going to learn without reading the manual" and it was quite easy, but when i read the manual, i noticed i only knew only the tip of the iceberg about the camera. It can do so much more then you can expect :))

Man, i just randomly came across this video on youtube called "40d online manual", and it was so informative! lol, so now i know what all the buttons and everything does :D.

*im going in straight from a point and shoot camera, so this is pretty new to me hehe

....maybe they have these "online manual" videos for other camera models, but i recommend any new comer to 40D's/other camera to check out those videos, they're really good.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And you got all those lenses with it?

"Just got my 40D, but look at all of my L-series lenses!" If only. <3 They're so beautiful.

I'm sure if you had a penny for each time, you'd have all of those by now. :D

Most reactions

Back