@Destin and @gk fotografie

Just my 2 cents - I agree it’s important that everyone is on board that it’s not a “catalogue” challenge. As this is the first time through with this idea, a little friendly policing is in order. No need for things to go beyond the reminder that was politely given.

The date/time feature is easily found and updated in the menu. It takes all of 30 seconds. Maybe not important to you in this instance but at some point you’ll be looking for a certain photo or trying to remember “when was I in Acadia?” and you’ll be happy you have the correct info.

bump!
jump.gif
is there going to be a new thread for Oct. ?

I would think on Nov 1 it will be time for a best of October thread!

I'd better check the date my camera is showing, I don't want to get El Kabonged. :nightmare:

bump!
jump.gif

I'm really too old and my health is too bad to be busy with this kind of nonsense from losers who don't understand what the intention is. What is NOT clear about "Your 3 best photos of the past month: September 2019"? If someone doesn't have 3 photos that were taken in September 2019, just don't participate in this thread and do not tell a strange story if I happen to see that 2 of the 3 photos were taken in March 2019 according to the exif data and therefore not (as requested) in September 2019.

By the way, it's my good right to check when a photo is taken, I don't have to ask, so why does this person react so curiously? Very sad, just say that you've made a mistake, remove the 2 photos in question and there's nothing else going on. Then check your camera, because how is it possible that the same camera will display (according to this persons argument in September 2019!!) both the date indication (photo # 1) in September 2019 AND the date indication (photo # 2 and # 3) in March 2019? That's really a miracle

I trust, just like you do with the Weekly Challenge, the sincerity of people, because why should one cheat? As I've indicated, it's not at all a problem if the period is somewhat stretched, 3,4,5 days is acceptable, but don't tell nonsense if I only notice that pictures taken six months ago do not belong in the thread in question.

In order to prevent that not everyone will just upload random pictures and thereby destroy the purpose of this "best of ..." idea, it's unfortunately necessary to check, I guess.
It's a pity, I thought it might be nice to start something 'different' to bring some new spirit into this forum, but unfortunately there will always be people that find it pleasant to ruin things. I wish you good luck organizing it!

Gerard

Last edited:
bump!
jump.gif

I'm really too old and my health is too bad to be busy with this kind of nonsense from losers who don't understand what the intention is. What is NOT clear about "Your 3 best photos of the past month: September 2019"? If someone doesn't have 3 photos that were taken in September 2019, just don't participate in this thread and do not tell a strange story if I happen to see that 2 of the 3 photos were taken in March 2019 according to the exif data and therefore not (as requested) in September 2019.

By the way, it's my good right to check when a photo is taken, I don't have to ask, so why does this person react so curiously? Very sad, just say that you've made a mistake, remove the 2 photos in question and there's nothing else going on. Then check your camera, because how is it possible that the same camera will display (according to this persons argument in September 2019!!) both the date indication (photo # 1) in September 2019 AND the date indication (photo # 2 and # 3) in March 2019? That's really a miracle

I trust, just like you do with the Weekly Challenge, the sincerity of people, because why should one cheat? As I've indicated, it's not at all a problem if the period is somewhat stretched, 3,4,5 days is acceptable, but don't tell nonsense if I only notice that pictures taken six months ago do not belong in the thread in question.

In order to prevent that not everyone will just upload random pictures and thereby destroy the purpose of this "best of ..." idea, it's unfortunately necessary to check, I guess.
It's a pity, I thought it might be nice to start something 'different' to bring some new spirit into this forum, but unfortunately there will always be people that find it pleasant to ruin things. I wish you good luck organizing it!

Gerard

Alright, clearly you're convinced that I'm lying. It's ridiculous that it's gotten to this point, but I feel the need to protect my good name on this forum. I'm not going to have everyone thinking that I'm a liar because of a technical error with my camera. I thought about doing this via DM to keep it private, but I was called out in public and will respond in kind.

I've been a member of this forum for nearly a decade and for much of that time I've been highly active. I've never been caught lying/cheating or anything of the kind.

Here's the best proof I have to back up my claim:

I've only ever photographed the grand island bridges one time. Here is a cell phone photo that was taken that morning for my instagram story. Feel free to analyze the exif data - it will prove my claim of when that photo was taken. This was clearly taken in September, and if you look closely at the sky you can tell it's the same sunrise a few minutes later than the photo in question was taken. The same sunrise never happens twice - it's like a fingerprint.
48902434763_a1610f524a_h.jpg

You'll also note that the exif data claims I took that photo at 1857hrs - clearly not a time that sunrise photos are taken. You could try to argue that it was taken at sunset, however the above photo was taken at 0652hrs, and the below screenshot from TPE confirms that sunrise would have been around that time that morning. It also shows the direction of sunrise from where I took the photo.. there is no physically possible way to shoot a sunset from this spot.

48903012241_02b9f31917_h.jpg

I don't have any hard proof for the other photo, however if you review the exif data you'll see that it was supposedly taken around 0230hrs, which in Toronto, means it's dark out every day of the year. The photo was taken at f/5.6, 1/1000th of a second, and iso 250. Ask yourself: would that be possible at 2am when it's dark out?

Can we stop calling me a liar yet? Because I think an apology may be in order.

This thread was intended to be FUN. Remember that - you're taking a fun thing way too seriously and therefore sucking the fun right out of it.

bump!
jump.gif

Gerard

Alright, clearly you're convinced that I'm lying. It's ridiculous that it's gotten to this point, but I feel the need to protect my good name on this forum. I'm not going to have everyone thinking that I'm a liar because of a technical error with my camera. I thought about doing this via DM to keep it private, but I was called out in public and will respond in kind.

I've been a member of this forum for nearly a decade and for much of that time I've been highly active. I've never been caught lying/cheating or anything of the kind.

I've only ever photographed the grand island bridges one time. Here is a cell phone photo that was taken that morning for my instagram story. Feel free to analyze the exif data - it will prove my claim of when that photo was taken. This was clearly taken in September, and if you look closely at the sky you can tell it's the same sunrise a few minutes later than the photo in question was taken. The same sunrise never happens twice - it's like a fingerprint.

You'll also note that the exif data claims I took that photo at 1857hrs - clearly not a time that sunrise photos are taken. You could try to argue that it was taken at sunset, however the above photo was taken at 0652hrs, and the below screenshot from TPE confirms that sunrise would have been around that time that morning. It also shows the direction of sunrise from where I took the photo.. there is no physically possible way to shoot a sunset from this spot.

I don't have any hard proof for the other photo, however if you review the exif data you'll see that it was supposedly taken around 0230hrs, which in Toronto, means it's dark out every day of the year. The photo was taken at f/5.6, 1/1000th of a second, and iso 250. Ask yourself: would that be possible at 2am when it's dark out?

This thread was intended to be FUN. Remember that - you're taking a fun thing way too seriously and therefore sucking the fun right out of it.

While the thread in question clearly asks for photos taken in September 2019, you've included 2 photos of which the exif indicates a date in March 2019. I've done nothing but inform you, I've not used the word "liar" anywhere or in any way, let that be clear. This is clearly something you make of it in your own head!

I'm not a clairvoyant, I can't see, smell or taste what you do or don't do with your camera, the relevant exif info is a fixed data so for me March 2019 is indeed March 2019 and not September 2019, I hope you understand this? The exif info shows March 2019 and that's why I made nothing but a friendly message - Your BEST 3 PHOTOS of the past month: September 2019 - that 2 photos were not according to the stated criterion, namely taken in September 2019. I've not done anything else!

Your aggrestive, rude and weird reaction accompanied by a "disagree" on this message of mine makes no sense at all, because I can't tell from that exif info that these 2 photos were not taken in March 2019, but September 2019, can I? All your further bla, bla, bla is totally irrelevant and not interesting.

It's your own responsibility that the date setting is incorrect, not mine! I've only seen that it says March 2019 and not September 2019 and communicated this to you. So what are you actually talking about and trying to proof? It's all completely irrelevant.

Apologizing, ha, apparently you don't understand that you made a mistake yourself, grow up, man! As I indicated earlier, I've absolutely no interest in any discussion, so as I've already said before, so, I wish you good luck!

bump!
jump.gif

Gerard

While the thread in question clearly asks for photos taken in September 2019, you've included 2 photos of which the exif indicates a date in March 2019. I've done nothing but inform you, I've not used the word "liar" anywhere or in any way, let that be clear. This is clearly something you make of it in your own head!

I'm not a clairvoyant, I can't see, smell or taste what you do or don't do with your camera, the relevant exif info is a fixed data so for me March 2019 is indeed March 2019 and not September 2019, I hope you understand this? The exif info shows March 2019 and that's why I made nothing but a friendly message - Your BEST 3 PHOTOS of the past month: September 2019 - that 2 photos were not according to the stated criterion, namely taken in September 2019. I've not done anything else!

Your aggrestive, rude and weird reaction accompanied by a "disagree" on this message of mine makes no sense at all, because I can't tell from that exif info that these 2 photos were not taken in March 2019, but September 2019, can I? All your further bla, bla, bla is totally irrelevant and not interesting.

It's your own responsibility that the date setting is incorrect, not mine! I've only seen that it says March 2019 and not September 2019 and communicated this to you. So what are you actually talking about and trying to proof? It's all completely irrelevant.

Apologizing, ha, apparently you don't understand that you made a mistake yourself, grow up, man! As I indicated earlier, I've absolutely no interest in any discussion, so as I've already said before, so, I wish you good luck!

This will be the last post on this issue. There is no need to continue with this argument over who is right/wrong over something as insignificant as the date on an exif file. If a member of this forum says the files are from September then that is the end of it. I think it is pretty clear that it was an issue with either the exif on the photo or the exif reader being used. The end.

Destin should not have had to prove himself but I understand why he felt the need to do so. He was not aggressive or rude in his response.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back