$450 to spend on a Camera and have no clue what to get.

I love mine, great camera. Lots of accessories available on eBay off and running with a $15 memory card.

Look at this on eBay:

New Canon EOS Rebel XS Digital SLR Camera - (Kit w/ EF-S 18-55mm Lens)

http://bit.ly/Txirpb

Orb & Jake - If the user is using only ISO 100-800 then sure, i agree totally with what you guys wrote...BUT if one is shooting at night and needs that extra low light capabilites, then i would go for the D5100...personally I shoot a lot of night events and stuff so i really use high ISO very often...though i would get the D7000 if i knew because its the best of both worlds...but with 500$ of the OP, one can't get a D7000, MAYBE if your super lucky second hand...

Orb & Jake - If the user is using only ISO 100-800 then sure, i agree totally with what you guys wrote...BUT if one is shooting at night and needs that extra low light capabilites, then i would go for the D5100...personally I shoot a lot of night events and stuff so i really use high ISO very often...though i would get the D7000 if i knew because its the best of both worlds...but with 500$ of the OP, one can't get a D7000, MAYBE if your super lucky second hand...

True in your case and point out tho that the majority of shooters don't shoot a lot of night shooting events and wasn't specified a need by the OP. And many night shooting needs can be done with a tripod. Exception bars,pubs,concerts,etc.. where there are people involved. Requiring fast glass shooting at the higher iso's or using flash. Where flash or tripod will solve many types of lower light or night shooting.

Best used price I have seen for D7000 body only is $650 so far. D90 $500 w/lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back