Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_7154-resized.jpg

IMG_7157-resized.jpg

IMG_7166-resized.jpg

IMG_7172-resized.jpg

350D, ISO 1600, 70-200 f/4 L. Not bad for 1600, I think. :)
(#1 is ISO 100)

3 is my favorite... Too bad about all the heads in the way though. I took all of these handheld, sitting. I don't think I could have gotten stable enough if I stood up.

EDIT

BTW, I think it should be illegal to wear a Ramones t-shirt and then go on stage and play what they played...
It was OK..., but it wasn't punk. It was the opposite of punk.

Edit, again

I've noticed that I only shoot at two ISO's. 100 & 1600. If 100 can't get it, I go straight to 1600...

Last edited:
my 450D (two models higher) doesn't produce quality like that at 1600... im sure...
you must have gotten pin point exposure correct!!

Thanks guys!

you must have gotten pin point exposure correct!!

That's the key - getting the exposure exactly right.

-edit-

You can still see some noise. Zoomed in, it's much more apparent. You can see some in the sky too, but that doesn't really look bad to me.
I didn't really run it through any noise reduction, just whatever the NR defaults are in Lightroom.

Last edited:
Any other thoughts?

The last of the last is my fav...passionate playing, great composition for the situation you were shooting in, and it's colorful hahaha. Great stuff

EDIT: you CAPTURED the passionate playing POSE

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for saying "no fireworks" or I would not have looked at them at all. How much fireworks can one take? :lol:

I agree with your original edit except for #2 (probably your Ramones obsession :lmao:.) The two photos you added later just are not as good.

And before I get technical, let me say that I agree about the t-shirt. Don't wear the Ramones if you're going to play elevator music :lmao: :lmao:

1/ I very much like this photo. Yes it shows barely any detail in the faces but it gives a good sense of a band on stage and it has enough light falling on the singer/guitar guy to hold interest.

2/ As I said...

3/ Very nice image of a single member of the band.

4/ If it wasn't for that t-shirt, it would be a wonderful shot.

For all three, your exposure is good, your composition is good, your timing is good, what else do you want? Rubber biscuit?

And, btw, the heads in the foreground don't bother me one bit. Unless you are at a bigger concert with a press pass, it's kind of hard getting rid of those. Maybe if you were 7" tall :lmao:

what else do you want? Rubber biscuit?

Got one? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sorry. It is a generational thing. I use that a lot but younger people don't get it. Comes from an SNL skit from the very early days.

#2 :thumbdown: Just blah. Nothing technically wrong per say but nothing very interesting either. In the other three you have stage lights with different gels, more interesting expressions, more interesting composition, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back