4th of July

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have tips on how to get the best shots of fireworks?

I'll start with the first tip....

Shoot early in the fireworks show so the smoke doesn't ruin your shots.

Get there early so you don't have to resort to pushing people out of the way with your tripod.. oh and use that too :peacesign:

Shooting early helps, but from what I hear, getting rid of the smoke is not too difficult in post.

Just use a tripod and shutter release, use a low f-stop and you're set ( I say, shoot in bulb so you can really have control over your exposure) ;)

If you search the forums, there are literally tons of guides on this...

But, if you must know-

Tripod
f/8
ISO 100
Bulb
Remote
Focus (manual) at infinity

Open the shutter when they go up, close it when it's done.

But, if you must know-

Tripod
f/8
ISO 100
Bulb
Remote

i maybe retarded but focus at infinity what dose that mean :lmao:

I JUST posted a guide on this last night, less than 24 hrs ago. Use the search feature (sample search linked to). This is asked EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I came out here looking SPECIFICALLY for this! You rock! :thumbup:

Of course, this will only be useful for me if it ever stops all the bloody raining here in Maine. Our weather has been utterly craptastic the past 6 weeks.

But, if you must know-

Tripod
f/8
ISO 100
Bulb
Remote

i maybe retarded but focus at infinity what dose that mean :lmao:

I was just going to ask the same question...focus at infinity? Elaborate pretty please.

Infinity is that sideways 8 looking thing on your lens. Here are some pics I took about 3 weeks ago on Fireworks.

DSC_0200.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

DSC_0208.JPG

Many more are found here along with the exif's: Actually, there isn't a whole lot of info on the Exif's because I was using my old 55 1.2 lens which is all manual except shutter speed

http://picasaweb.google.com/hankejp/Fireworks#

Focusing at infinity means you're focusing at infinity number of feet. Basically its the very end of the focus ring, and its the focus you pick when your subject is super far away, like over 50 feet and beyond.

And as previously posted, it looks like this, 8, only sideways. Just turn in the direction so the distance numbers get larger until the ring won't let you go any farther.

Most reactions

Back