4x5 After Dark

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
c7d58de0.jpg

c8158e00.jpg

c8758e00.jpg

Creepy, they look like they're models.

Which camera was this, PB? They look a bit soft, and I'm seeing the sweet spot sort of below center.... hmmm.... I sure do love that barn in the top image.

The Bender 4x5 was used. This camera is very difficult to focus in the dark.

these shots look like they are of a model village for sure. For my tastes the first two could have been in more focus on the buildings.

The color is excellent.

P Bailey said:
The Bender 4x5 was used. This camera is very difficult to focus in the dark.

I can only imagine! :shock: Studying them again, I think the second image gets away with the softness the best. I like your composition here and there's enough sharpness in the foreground. Great moody piece. :D

The problem isn't with the focus. The top part of all images are blurry. Not out of focus blurry but smudgey. Unless you were using some whacky camera movements (which I can't see on these shots) there's no reason why the bottom of the bulding should be sharp and the top all blurry.

I think the blur could be for tiling the lens up a little, then focusing on the bottom haft :scratch:

What kinda exposure times you doing with that thing? If I remember right, exposure times for 4X5's and 8X10's get insanely long compared to 35mm when shot in the dark.

i really really love those first two. they are just perfect. i wouldnt change a thing!

these definitely look like models. very cool...they're also very creepy, but i love them. especially the first two. i just got the chills!

Nice colors and all but yeah... the funcky focus is an opinion thing. I don't like it that much but in away I do.

Most reactions

Back