5 Day Old Newborn

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is sweet baby Korbin! He was 5 days old, and slept through the whole session!
My set up includes:
Heater baby left, heater baby right, heating pad baby bottom, mother's heartbeat sounds on CD baby rear . . . oh, and some lights and a camera!!!!!!

5535775763_b527a287fa_z.jpg

5535776167_fd8f9efcc1_z.jpg

5535781249_765879529b_z.jpg

5535776799_78af73a781_z.jpg

5536353692_a40737543f_z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots. The first one is very cute.

thanks twocolor! I'm doing my first baby shoot tomorrow (6 day old) and the heater and heartbeat idea is wonderful!

Thanks guys!!

Bennielou . . . I downloaded the heartbeat sounds from amazon. It was $4 for 75 minutes of sound. I burned it twice in a row to a CD and have an hour and a half of shooting time!!! Good luck on your first baby shoot. How old is baby? Under 2 weeks, and they'll do almost anything for you . . . as long as they stay asleep!

Hi Twocolor,

Thanks for the wonderful tips. I've been super nervous about it! It seems that all my clients are having babies right now, and I've gotten several bookings for newborn shoots, but it looks so impossibly hard! You did a fantastic job with these photos.
Yes, the baby is 6 days old. The next shoot I have is in a few weeks with a 3 week old. And then I have another one next month where the mommy wants a shoot within the first week.

I've purchased lots of props (bowls, giant teacups, other things like that....blankets, hats, and that kind of thing, but I wasn't sure how you get those little guys soooooo pliable and comfy! Your post really helped. I'd love to hear more tips and tricks! Hopefully newborn photography will be an expansion of our business. I just have to make the photos great. No pressure....LOL!

Thanks again, and I "liked" your post.
Many Hugs!

#3 is one of my favorit baby shots i think i have ever seen, every time i look at it i can't help but smile. :)

Ok, having just attempted one of these, I have to say..........THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE TIPS! They helped a ton. I still don't know how you get them into these cute positions. I also need to make a raid at Esty! :)

"mother's heartbeat sounds on CD baby rear" what a great idea. Do your baby clients actually sleep the entire time (~150 minutes)?

Adorable! btw, I love that twisted yarn on the bassinet or whatever that is the baby is in.

"mother's heartbeat sounds on CD baby rear" what a great idea. Do your baby clients actually sleep the entire time (~150 minutes)?

yes . . . IF they are brought in before they hit two weeks old. After that they are hit and miss!

Very cute..........I like the last one the least. It's mostly because I don't see the face in anyway. As a mother.. I 'm saying, I would more likely buy something that has a face in it then that picture.
Keep shooting!!!

Very cute..........I like the last one the least. It's mostly because I don't see the face in anyway. As a mother.. I 'm saying, I would more likely buy something that has a face in it then that picture.
Keep shooting!!!

I agree, BUT, I too am a mother, and I always want to remember their hair, their eyes, ears, nose, hands, feet etc, So during a session, I try to hit all of these!

Most reactions

Back