5 from Flower Child

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! Take a look and tell me what you think. Tell me which ones you like and which you hate. :)

1. Oh, it's a beautiful mornin'
MorningLight.jpg

2. Sycamore Tree
SycamoreTree.jpg

3. Beautiful Duck
WaterDropsonaDuck.jpg

4. The only thing left standing after a dozer cleared my forest :(
WhatsLeft.jpg

5. Poor little duck getting chased away :lol:
DuckChasingDuck.jpg

if you get the chance check out my "1949 or 2009" photo in the Black and White section

Last edited:
Your pictures have improved since your first post here. The second one is the strongest i think.

why thank you Do'Udren's Eyes. That tree just begged to have its picture taken. it was hard to capture how big it was.

Pretty good shots, none of which I hate.
1. You have really underexposed the ground on this shot, but it would probably require you combine two or more shots to get both the sky and ground properly exposed.
2. Pretty cool. I like the lines from the branches, but i'm not sure I like the left tilt of it or the dominant dark branch in the foreground. The blue is a very nice color though.
3. It's ok, can't say I'm a huge fan of duck shots, but it looks properly exposed.
4. I think more contrast in the clouds would've made this photo stronger. And if the subject (stick?) was a different tone than the ground.
5. Probably a few unecessary elements in this photo, with the logs in the foreground and the sticks protruding from the water in back. I don't think the rock balances well in this photo either. A good crop could probably do a lot for this one.

All in all, they're pretty decent photos. I think #2 is your strongest and if you can get 1's exposure balanced, it could be a great photo too.

Pretty good shots, none of which I hate.
1. You have really underexposed the ground on this shot, but it would probably require you combine two or more shots to get both the sky and ground properly exposed.
2. Pretty cool. I like the lines from the branches, but i'm not sure I like the left tilt of it or the dominant dark branch in the foreground. The blue is a very nice color though.
3. It's ok, can't say I'm a huge fan of duck shots, but it looks properly exposed.
4. I think more contrast in the clouds would've made this photo stronger. And if the subject (stick?) was a different tone than the ground.
5. Probably a few unecessary elements in this photo, with the logs in the foreground and the sticks protruding from the water in back. I don't think the rock balances well in this photo either. A good crop could probably do a lot for this one.

All in all, they're pretty decent photos. I think #2 is your strongest and if you can get 1's exposure balanced, it could be a great photo too.

thank you for your very helpful post! i hadnt thought of an hdr for the first one. i might try to rig one up in post processing, i wish i had had my tripod with me when i was out there so i could have done a true hdr. and in 4, the original had even less contrast than that. i messed around with the curves on that photo but ill see if i can get it a little more contrasty.and on the second duck photo, you are exactly right, all the crap in the photo is distracting. i only kept like that because i needed a 4x6 for printing. but now that i have it printed ill crop it.

I like the second and the third one.

thanks. it seems people have been liking the sycamore tree

I really like #2 and #4. But the sky in #4 is too flat and plain.

!?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back