480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tested some used film holders I picked up last month, using the last 5 sheets of some Kodak Tmax 400 I had left in a box.

Wasn't looking for anything in 'ticular, just something to test the holders with.

Merideth%20Corp%20sculpture%20small%20post.jpg

Loading%20Dock%20small%20post.jpg

Merideth%20Corp%20Building%20Des%20Moines%20small%20post.jpg

Jet%20Black%20Chevy%20small%20post.jpg

Drive%20In%20for%20Customers%20small%20post.jpg

I like #4 and 5. 1,2 and 3 have problem with horizon ?

I wasn't really looking to create masterpieces. Just something of interest. More testing the holders than anything, plus had a bad case of cabin fever.

I really like 4 and 5. 4 is awesome!

Neat! Forgive the ignorance in film terminology, but are film holders a reference to something used in taking the photos or in developing them?

I've wanted to purchase an inexpensive film camera and play with some film, but I fear it will be like any other thing and eventually become consuming and I will spend too much money....

Neat! Forgive the ignorance in film terminology, but are film holders a reference to something used in taking the photos or in developing them?

I've wanted to purchase an inexpensive film camera and play with some film, but I fear it will be like any other thing and eventually become consuming and I will spend too much money....
Holders Sparky refers to are for film exposure. It looks like this:
http://www.walkercameras.com/pics/accessories/gizmo-06a.jpg
Regarding you buying film camera, well, every hobby cost money. How much do you spend every year on new digital equipment ?

Car shot is fab

Film is actually über-cheap compared to digital. You can buy a 35mm film camera for $50, with a lens, and off you go. Now compare that to your digital camera, electronic lens, computer, memory cards, hard drives.....

4x5, however, is another story.

How much do you spend every year on new digital equipment ?

Ummm, I plead the 5th... Thanks for the link, I didn't realize he was shooting 4x5.

Film is actually über-cheap compared to digital. You can buy a 35mm film camera for $50, with a lens, and off you go. Now compare that to your digital camera, electronic lens, computer, memory cards, hard drives.....

4x5, however, is another story.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to spend $100 and see what happens... My wife may disagree, though...

I like the car A LOT but the reflection on the right really takes me out of it

The car and the painted sign-on-brick win it for me ... Especially the car with the brilliant chrome, deep glossy black, and sharp lines ... but I'm forced to agree about the reflection.

Do you think you could get back there, this time with a polarizing filter?

Most reactions

Back