5 Generation Pic

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We were at a family get-together yesterday and mom asked me to take a 5-generation picture of my great-grandma, grandma, mom, sister, and niece. Now, I am no pro, and I've never shot any portrait-style pictures before, so I'd appreciate any constructive criticism, so that next time I'm put on the spot like that at a family gathering I'll have some idea what I'm doing! :lol:

I took about two or three with the flash; this was the best one (couldnt get anyone to hold still and stop blinking!)
c09b8ac3bfaf2a506c15521426389deb-.jpg

And I took about two or three more without the flash (my preferred method of shooting) and this was the best turnout. I like the lighting better, but my wiggly little neice is a bit fuzzy :(
60701ae5b8d1285e4146a45721c053cd-.jpg

I like #1 better. The lighting in #2 has a yellow cast to it.

Special photo for sure when you can get 5 generations together.

WNK, would you mind if I fiddled with the first one a bit? It's ok if you don't want me to. I just have a crapload of actions, and I have two that I think will really bring this image out.

the first one is way better than the second one!

Please feel free to fiddle with it if you wish -- I dont have any classes right now at school, so I dont have access to their Photoshop at the present.

i actually prefare the second one. that yellow cast could be easily removed with a levels adjustment. the woman on the left of the first one is looking in the wrong direction and that ruins it a bit for me

Hardly any time on the fiddle. Just "healed" the spots off the little girl's shirt and the ones I could get to on her face, hit it with some heavy sharpening, and then two Kubota actions, "Digital fill flash", and "Clarity Medium". Less than a few minutes all told. (actually, I was a little sloppy on the fill flash now that I look at it again).

I liked the second one best too, but I think the focus is too far gone on that one to save.

WNK, If you want to send me the full sized, I'll spend a bit more time fiddling, and send it back to you. I know it's a very important moment for your family. It would be no problem at all. [email protected].
Hugs!
Cindy

Full-sized shots: here and here. Thanks so much, and take as much time as you like -- you seem like a very busy person and there's really no rush on these at all. :)

Ok, here is the first one redone, three ways:

1. Staight
genfixoneweb.jpg

2. Black and White w/major film grain
genfixmajorgrainweb.jpg

3. Antique
genfixantiqueweb.jpg

PM me your e-mail addy, and I will send over the biggie files. I hope you like 'em!
Cindy

Most reactions

Back