5-in-1 reflector suggestions

jfrabat

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At this time, I am considering buying my first reflector. I wanted something with a stand that I can use for the family Xmas portraits. Budget is about $100 (+S&H), and at this time, I am leaning between these 2:

Impact 32" 5-in-1 Reflector with Lightstand and Holder Kit

Westcott 5-in-1 Collapsible Circular Reflector Kit

I am leaning more towards the Impact one because I feel it will be easier to carry around, and I like the light gold option better than the black option... Plus, the stand looks better. But I want to hear opinions before buying. So lets have them!

Felipe

I split the difference and purchased both a 24" and a 42".

5-in-1s typically have white, black, silver, gold and semi-transparent.

I got something similar to this one on Fleabay several years ago. It does not come with a holder but one of those large $5 orange handled alligator clips you can get at any hardware store works perfectly for attaching it to any number of light stands. And it is about 1/5th the total of what you have budgeted. Mine folds up into something about 3" thick and not even as big in diameter as a basket ball. The white diffusion part seems to get the most use for me, the gold one is really far too strong, it imparts an excessively warm, to my tastes at least, tone to skin tones.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got something similar to this one on Fleabay several years ago. It does not come with a holder but one of those large $5 orange handled alligator clips you can get at any hardware store works perfectly for attaching it to any number of light stands. And it is about 1/5th the total of what you have budgeted. Mine folds up into something about 3" thick and not even as big in diameter as a basket ball. The white diffusion part seems to get the most use for me, the gold one is really far too strong, it imparts an excessively warm, to my tastes at least, tone to skin tones.

So you would recommend I cheap out on the reflector? What about the stand? get the same one I was thinking of getting? Also, I liked the silver/gold color precisely because it sounded like it would not be as strong as a full gold color... But good advice, thanks to all!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So you would recommend I cheap out on the reflector? What about the stand? get the same one I was thinking of getting? Also, I liked the silver/gold color precisely because it sounded like it would not be as strong as a full gold color... But good advice, thanks to all!

Silver/gold? Which one has that?

I have one of the Westcott 5-in-1 Collapsible Circular Reflector Kit sitting around gathering dust, but still in like new condition. I even have the DVD that came with it that demonstrates how to use it, and the original box. The few times I used it it worked great.

Oops. You're in Costa Rica. For anyone here in the continental USA, I would sell it for $75 including parcel post shipping. Or $75, plus shipping to Costa Rica.

Anyone that may be interested, send me a Private Message (PM).

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back