5 in 1 Reflector

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
Hi,

Thought some of you may be interested in a bargain...

I bought a 5 and 1 reflector from ebay for £8.99 (NEW 5 IN 1 80CM CIRCULAR REFLECTOR, UK on eBay, also, Studio Equipment Lighting, Photography (end time 03-Jun-09 17:18:08 BST)) Jessops are selling the same thing for £35. The guy has more for sale, and delivered mine within a couple of days.

It has white, gold, silver, transparent and black sides and collapses down to around 30cm to fit in it's bag. I just figured out today (after reading Digital Camera magazine) I can photograph the white side to set my camera's white balance exactly rather than using the pre-programed choices.

I have no affiliation with the seller at all, I'm just sharing a good deal. (If this isn't allowed please move/remove the post)

Cheers,

A.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I agree. I have a cheap ebay 5 in 1 reflector. Looks like the same type actually. Works every bit as good as one I have used that cost 4 times as much from a local camera store.

jsut as tip, but whilst Jessopes can sometimes have competative lens and camera prices they put a silly high markup on their accessories - one time 4GB memory card was £70 in jessopes and only £13 on amazon - - which is far more differences than just internet savings.

must say if it was a samller reflector I would be all for it - I just can't justify one so large for macro work = thanks for the tip! :)

Awesome price for our UK members. I received a free 2-way (gold-silver) reflector when I bought a lightstand with boom but I can see that these things are very easy to DIY yourself. A little PVC piping and some white ripstop nylon or solar blankets or even those silver car interior protectors that you place in the windows make great sources for low end but very effective reflectors. They don't have to be very big unless you want to start reflecting light into larger areas, but since these things are used mostly for portrait shots, even a small 12-24 inch circle is more than enough for most cases.

Yup, I got something a lot like it too. Worth every penny and does an excellent job--sometimes a little smaller than I'd like, but hey, complain I can't!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back