5 Lenses that Every Nikon Shooter Needs to Know About

Everyone needs an 800mm prime :)

It is bizarre to me that the top 5 lenses wouldn't include anything in the wide angle range. The author must be a wildlife shooter or simply doesn't know what he is talking about. I think the latter.

OMG .. I'm going to run out now and get myself a 800mm with a 1.5xTC.
I know they must be cheap as it's on the internet as something that I must have !!
with the TC I can pick it up for a CHEAP $16,300 which should go perfect for all the owners of d3x00 bodies ==> Nikon 800mm F/5.6

Plus that 17-55 DX lens. Perfect with my FX camera and the other FX lenses identified in the article.

definitely doesn't know what they are talking about.
But thanks for the article.

I wonder if the OP would let me borrow his 800 + TC for the weekend as I'm only $16,299 short to buy it ? :)

I have the 50mm f/1.8 but it's the "D" variety. It works on the Nikkormat and the N90S a lot better than the crippled "G"s.

Add this to the list of "___ reasons why you should never bother reading numbered lists on the internet".

This article is about 5 Nikon lenses that fit into that category – the go-to lenses for pros and serious amateurs alike. If you shoot Nikon, these lenses should be part of your arsenal.
Guess I'm not a pro or serious amateur. I have one of the 5, have absolutely no use for the others.

I have zero. Wouldn't mind the 105mm or the 70-200 2.8.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I consider myself now informed, and thus, KNOW about them ;)

And knowing is half the battle. Or something like that. So ya, I guess I'm good too. And no, I don't own any of them. Guess I can't be considered a serious amateur. Is there a top five list of things you can call yourself as a Nikon shooter if you don't own any of these lenses?

When I was about 10 years old I had the Nikon and Cannon lens brochures. I was still using my Kodak Instamatic at the time, but I spent countless hours going over those brochures. Nikon won out as they had both the 6mm and the 2000mm lenses in that catalog. I guess it was too many 10 years olds looking at those lenses and not people that might actually buy them is why they are no longer in the catalog :).

Maybe I shoot Nikon because they have that 800mm in the catalog, but the only one of the lenses I have from that list is the 70-300mm.

I have zero. Wouldn't mind the 105mm or the 70-200 2.8.
Same here. I actually do own the 50mm 1.8G, so I get to be in the same room as all the cool kids. Still can't sit with them, but I can be in the same room.

Most reactions

Back