5 Lenses that Every Nikon Shooter Needs to Know About

I have the 50mm f/1.8 but it's the "D" variety. It works on the Nikkormat and the N90S a lot better than the crippled "G"s.

The 50mm 1.8G has much nicer bokeh than the 50mm 1.8D, just keep that in mind. What's most important ? missing aperture ring or nice bokeh ?
Well I have the 1.8s. But I prefer the bokeh on the 1.4s that I have too.

I was looking at the 105/2.8 AF-D lens ... is that one any good ?
The AF-S is beyond $$$

The 105/2.8 Macro

I wouldn't mind having a DC lens either but ...

I have that lens. I love it.

I have the 50mm f/1.8 but it's the "D" variety. It works on the Nikkormat and the N90S a lot better than the crippled "G"s.

The 50mm 1.8G has much nicer bokeh than the 50mm 1.8D, just keep that in mind. What's most important ? missing aperture ring or nice bokeh ?

Having an aperture ring is more important to me. As stated in my post, I still shoot a couple of older film bodies and I still use manual mode. Trying to do that without an aperture ring is like trying to drive a car with only one gear in the transmission - not very practical.

........Trying to do that without an aperture ring is like trying to drive a car with only one gear in the transmission - not very practical.

And that one gear is 5th.

Aperture ring. Although I have learned to use the control wheels well enough. I really prefer an aperture ring.

I used to use the aperture ring all the time on my dslr
until I found the speed of the wheel.
now i rarely use it. but it's there for nostalgia, and the lenses are generally cheaper.

now i rarely use it. but it's there for nostalgia, and the lenses are generally cheaper.
I used mine sometimes with the d5200, but as soon as I got a body with a second command wheel never used it again. But yup, lenses are cheaper

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I used mine sometimes with the d5200, but as soon as I got a body with a second command wheel never used it again. But yup, lenses are cheaper

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk
the old N80 and d70 had double wheels but I only had manual lenses .. so it was a habit.

Trying to do that without an aperture ring is like trying to drive a car with only one gear in the transmission - not very practical.

Unless it's a Koenigsegg :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back