5 Photos from Venice

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While we actually spent our vacation in Southern Austria and the Carinthian Alpes, we also hopped across the very close border into Italy several times (once to meet up with Roger in Pordenone, there's a Mini_-Meet_Italy_thread out and about on this!!!), and we also spent a day in Venice!

Here's one photo (I'm still very much in the process of working on all my vacation pics, but want to share this one here and now).

I call this one "In Piazza" (it was only about 10 in the morning on that Wednesday, 8 April).
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/161504-tpf-mini-meet-italy.html
venediginpiazza.jpg

Should I try to find out what it might look like in B&W, too (question primarily to Chris82, who says he does a colour and a B&W version of each and every one of his photos)?

Thought I might just add another one, since I got to the one I'm adding in my working on all the Venice photos by now:

venedigspiegelung.jpg

I thought Venice was pretty impressive. I was lucky to visit it on a lovely day!

nice colours in the first picture, the people at the corner of the picture adds life to picture, really nice, and converting it to B&W won't hurt anyone!
second photo needs some post-processing in my opinion

but they're really nice!!

What more would you do to the second photo?
It went through PP, though I gave ALL my photos from the holidays (to the point 745, with a lot still pending) a quick walk through PP, mostly just AUTO Contrasts and a quick USM, only some got some further treatment, but this one did not, I think.

Without the couple in the corner, the first would be DEAD BORING, I think. To my mind, it is ONLY through the couple that this photo is in any way worth showing you. Else you'd never have got to see this one. For sure.

And I might try the conversion, but am too busy working on the over 1000 vacation pics (still).

Lovely photos! I wish I could go to Venice for vacation!

For photo 2, I would bump the contrast up (in the process, the colours would become much more vibrant, too). But my photos always have lots of contrast, it might not be your style :).

More contrast to the reflection pic? The white of the covered little boat on the right is already losing all its detail, and I fear the shadows of the larger boats on the left would become solid blacks if I upped the contrasts even more... :scratch:

Yes, they would, but I generally don't mind much :). Most people = :confused:, though!

It's your photo! :hug::

I might just as well add three more pics to this thread, also in an attempt to bump it shamelessly. I would have thought photos from Venice might gather SOME more comments than of only just three members...

Another "In Piazza"-photo, it was around 11 this time and we were having an espresso when while looking round I saw these two:

inpiazza2.jpg

And a more "Venice-like" photo in so far as it sports WATER, and a GONDOLA at last:

lagondola.jpg

And a window - with flowers that haven't been watered in months...

fensterinvenedig.jpg

Hope you like at least one of them. (True fact is: I took hundreds :roll: - that place is just so photogenic at and around about each and every corner!)

1st one i don't like, the upward angle really annoys me.
2nd is very beautiful, i love the reflection in the water.
3rd one i would try in b&w, would give great results i think. and it might be my eyes, but is the guy a little bit out of focus?
4th is good as well, just too bad the gondola isn't completely in the picture. but i very much like the curving arch and colors.
5th i find quite boring. needs a more interesting subject, flowers (especially dead ones) are boring :)

Oh dear, you found out about my el-cheapo Sigma lens now, Ernie... it is broken, and I first noticed the areas of blurriness it produces last year in early autumn, and now it becomes more and more evident in my photos that areas in the same focal plane as where there IS the focus turn blurry although they should not.

As to the dead flowers on the balcony ... I was sort of intrigued by the colours of the wall, the pots, the dead heather and the shutters... but it's ok, not everyone needs to like it :D.

Thanks for looking and commenting anyway! :hugs:

Sorry lafoto,only just seen this thread now,and yes you definatley try a mono conversion of in piazza also I would love to see a black and white of the shot were the couple is sitting on a park bench which is not actually in a park by the looks of things.

If I was you (which im not...he he) I would leave the second photo as it is except to try a mono conversion that is as I personally think its a perfict candidit for black and white.

The shot of the gondola is beautifull and for some reason (I cant for the life of me think why):lol: I would honestly like to see it in mono but I do like it in colour. Looks like you had a great time and this is a great series in my eyes.The colours and detail are amazing, but the shot of the couple on the park bench is my favorite Well done

I have to disagree on a previous comment about the fifth photo. It's not boring at all. For anyone who knows the area will know that it transcends the atmosphere and spirit very well. Everything is a little run down, antique and old. I think the photo does the theme and place justice.

I like the 4th one too. The green in the water is truly wonderful. And i love that reflection.

I have to disagree on a previous comment about the fifth photo. It's not boring at all. For anyone who knows the area will know that it transcends the atmosphere and spirit very well. Everything is a little run down, antique and old. I think the photo does the theme and place justice.

I like the 4th one too. The green in the water is truly wonderful. And i love that reflection.

I have to agree Mersad.....Corinna you've captured the spirit of Venice well. Despite the guy in #3 being slightly oof, I like the scene and the background is so very Venice....with #2 I would probably crop to just show the reflection and take out as much of the boats as possible. I'm looking forward to your Pordenone/Portogruaro shots too.

the one of the gondola is my favorite, beautiful colors!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back