5 pics for c&c - Michigan's state capital building

Sammie_Lou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hoping you guys can give me some feedback on these. It was my first time having to "think fast" about my shots - we were taking a guided tour of our state's capital building. This is also the first time I've done any kind of PP using raw images.

The first one is the outside of the building, the second one is a random hallway that I just thought looked sweet, and the other 3 are the inside of that giant atrium that the building has. I found it really interesting how much the coloring in the atrium changed as we went up levels and were closer to the windows. I'm interested in feedback on the composition more than anything on the last 3, since I felt like just the centered circle opening from directly below was a little boring (although, I did take those shots, too). There are just a lot of interesting lines there and I hope I did them justice. The lighting in the whole building was very dim, so this was really a learning experience for me.

DSC_4114-2 by SLampear88, on Flickr

DSC_4051-2 by SLampear88, on Flickr

DSC_3916-2 by SLampear88, on Flickr

DSC_3917-2 by SLampear88, on Flickr

DSC_4099-2 by SLampear88, on Flickr

I really like #2. Well balanced. Lines lead the eye into the image. Well done.

Thanks! Something about that hallway had an Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatter kinda feel to me. I don't know what it is about it...

Most reactions

Back