50,000 megapixels?!!

Oh please, are you suggesting that someone go out and buy a commercial, rack mount type flash memory device?

SSD's are perfectly fine for home users to run Photoshop. As mentioned, no fragmentation issues and much, much faster than mechanical drives. Even more so in a RAID array or self contained RAID in PCI configurations. Current MLC flash technology is every bit as reliable as mechanical drives for drive life, even exceeding them in some cases.

People may laugh but I can't wait for High megapixel cell phone cameras. Why? The digital zoom may become usable!

These things exist.

The Online Photographer: It's the Future Calling

Nokia's built a 41Mpixel phone camera that uses pixel binning for noise reduction and loads of pixels for digital zoom. This is the future, and it is pulling into the station NOW.

Edited: Awesome job quoting people, Molitor-You-Idiot.

Last edited:
These things exist.

The Online Photographer: It's the Future Calling

Nokia's built a 41Mpixel phone camera that uses pixel binning for noise reduction and loads of pixels for digital zoom. This is the future, and it is pulling into the station NOW.

Smaller sensors lack depth of field in comparison, but I'm sure they're working on a solution to squash that too
icononethumbup.gif

Certainly the Nokia 808 produces good results for a cell phone, I was expecting it to be a cluster of noise - but it's pretty comparable to any other camera, noise and resolution-wise. By the time the image is reduced to an 8x10, you'll probably have something useful.

But you're not going to get a 41mp, no wall-size prints, really, but 41mp of leaves a lot of room for data to throw away and smooth things out.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_808_pureview_video_and_camera_samples-news-3905.php

Last edited:
can't wait to get my hands on one of those badboys XD

Japanese cell phones have taken camera phones to another level. There was one model that was a P&S camera with a built in phone. Not a cell phone with a built in camera. It was similar to Nikon's new Coolpix.

Japanese cell phones have taken camera phones to another level. There was one model that was a P&S camera with a built in phone. Not a cell phone with a built in camera. It was similar to Nikon's new Coolpix.

I think Samsung is doing stuff like this.

< . . . waiting for the Lytro fan>

Most reactions

Back