50 1.8 or kit lens?

We can all ultimately do just what we want. However I'd get upset if someone came into my house with their muddy boots after being asked to leave them in the porch.

The comment about the forefathers and what all about the queen is a bit out of context don't you think. At the time you are referring to the British were infringing on some pretty basic rights and were unfairly taxing the colonies. I don't see the connection with being asked to leave a long lens at home, no one is being downtrodden with that request.

Personally, I do think that limitations on reasonable camera gear at sporting events is an infringement of sorts. If I pay for the ticket, I should be able to bring whatever camera gear I like, as long as it's not so large or loud to be an inconvenience to others. At one point (I don't know if this is still in effect), some venues banned social media usage at sporting events. I find these sorts of arbitrary restrictions to maximize licensing revenues (which is what these are usually about) pretty offensive and counter to the whole point of spectator sports. So while I'm all for following rules that make sense, I think these "rules" are ripe for breaking.

I moved this thread from the Off Topic forum, since it really IS...you know....ON topic! :razz:
Thanks Terri! I.....uhhhh.....wasn't really sure that it would fall here properly. :)

runnah said:
then next thing you know there are soldiers staying at your house.

Already happening.

Hmm get a Nikon 1 camera and a ... wait there is no good glas for Nikon 1, only a bunch of dark zooms and a wide and a normal prime. Boo !

Well maybe an OM-D and that 75mm prime, reportedly its awesome, and with the OM-D you might stand a chance to do action. Not as good as with a DSLR, though.

Most reactions

Back