500,000 Shutter Count on my D7000?!?

DanielOL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm new to cameras and photography so please bare with any stupid comments I say :greenpbl:. I recently bought a Nikon D7000 online to keep up with the photography I do. I am after checking the camera actuations and it is at 500,000. My dad's D3 is at 100,000 and he has had the camera since around '08 and he is taking pics professionally every day. Myshuttercount.com says his camera is 39% through its life.

I find it hard to get my head round my shutter count. Is it possible to be a fault in the camera's software or something? It works perfectly for me with pretty much no scratches or anything. Feels close to new! Can anyone explain what is going on here? :confused:

Maybe 50,000? What are you using to check the shutter count? Get an exif data reader, take a picture in jpeg, and use the reader to check the shutter count.

Hi,

I'm new to cameras and photography so please bare with any stupid comments I say :greenpbl:. I recently bought a Nikon D7000 online to keep up with the photography I do. I am after checking the camera actuations and it is at 500,000. My dad's D3 is at 100,000 and he has had the camera since around '08 and he is taking pics professionally every day. Myshuttercount.com says his camera is 39% through its life.

I find it hard to get my head round my shutter count. Is it possible to be a fault in the camera's software or something? It works perfectly for me with pretty much no scratches or anything. Feels close to new! Can anyone explain what is going on here? :confused:

I can't see that being right. The person would have had to take 549 pictures a day for 912 days straight (the release to right now).
That seems... excessive.

Maybe 50,000? What are you using to check the shutter count? Get an exif data reader, take a picture in jpeg, and use the reader to check the shutter count.

No, it's definitely 500,000. I used "Myshuttercount.com" and "http://regex.info/exif.cgi". What is an exif data reader?

The exact number I'm getting is 498,144

Post the last JPG you took here.

$DOL_8324.JPG

I read 498540 on it.

Here's what you do: Contact Nikon and tell them they need to give you $10,000 for the camera. That way, they can take it apart and figure out what is wrong with it and they'll make sure it will never happen again.

On the plus side, you'll have enough cash for a gripped D800 and a Trinity.

I read 498540 on it.

Here's what you do: Contact Nikon and tell them they need to give you $10,000 for the camera. That way, they can take it apart and figure out what is wrong with it and they'll make sure it will never happen again.

On the plus side, you'll have enough cash for a gripped D800 and a Trinity.

Crazy lol.

Maybe they're building the D7000s with refurbed shutters from F's they're buying on eBay.

My D7000 has close to this number but I've shot sports almost daily for a couple years now.

Give us some details about the camera. What shape is it in? Maybe the prior owner replaced the shutter?

There is nothing to say a camera CAN'T get to 500k actuations. Or 1 mio actuations...

It's just that it's rated to less than that. Which means, if you put it on burst mode till the camera breaks, it breaks after x shutter presses...

Most reactions

Back