500mm Cinematography - Canon 600D DSLR

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, and I hope sharing my youtube video is okay to do. I am more of a cinematographer, but I also enjoy photography, so I will be using this forum for both things, I hope that is okay.

I have linked my newest video above, I test the Ensinor 500mm mirror lens f/8. Some of the shots that I got in this video are my favourite out of everything I have made, what do you all think of the video? I am only a beginner cinematographer, currently studying film at college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the shots are nice, but better quality could be had from just about any other non-mirror lens, of any focal length. Get that mirror lens off the camera.

Mark

I think that it could be used for some artistic purposes, but as a practical lens that I would mount all the time I'll pass.

Artistic, sure. It looks like it's taken with a camera from the '30s. Maybe before. Very hazy.

Mark

As others have said, the mirror lens is pretty much ruining your videos. Sure you want focal length, but mirror lenses such as that make everything WAY too soft to be usable 99% of the time.
Why not go for a decent 300mm and just move a few feet closer?

Most reactions

Back