snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These 2 lenses are about the same price. Specs almost equal. If I didn't know better from reading everything I can find on them, I would think the nod goes to the Sigma? Tell me your experiences with either or both. I need a good low-light portrait lens and have narrowed it down to these 2, I think.

The canon 50 1.4 is a nice 50 ( so I've heard.) So is the sigma. Rent one and see if you like it. Whichever one you buy, make sure it has a good warranty or exchange policy. Just in case they don't work out for you.

I only have experience with the Canon 50mm f/1.4. All I can say is it do what it suppose to do. Very sharp and no complaints. humm.... if I really want to complaint, it is just the build quality is not as good as my EF 85mm f/1.8. USM of the EF 85 also seems to be better and the focus ring feel better with the 85mm.

I do not mean the 50mm f/1.4 is bad, it is for sure much better than EF 50mm f/1.8 lens. But it feel different. My EF 85mm and the EF 70-200mm f/4 feel about the same as far as focus ring and USM.

The bottom line is that's something I like to have in my bag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back