TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcome. :)

27B.jpg

i find the yellow flower too distracting, its competing with the child. I think the flower should have been in focus and the child out of focus, or a larger dof and have both...

Both the child and the flower should be in sharp focus and the eyes should be more visible toward the camera.

skieur

Do all child pictures have to have them looking up at the camera with googly eyes? :er:

no but there should be something in focus. My issue with this picture is that the DOF is way too shallow and there is nothing for my eyes to focus on. It's an interesting idea, just not so great in execution. My advice would be to try the shot again.

no but there should be something in focus. My issue with this picture is that the DOF is way too shallow and there is nothing for my eyes to focus on. It's an interesting idea, just not so great in execution. My advice would be to try the shot again.

I'm gunna have to disagree with you here. The eyes are the only thing in focus in the picture, and that is its own visual element.

But hey, art is subjective, so what someone likes, someone else hates... That's just the way it is. :p

No they don't always have to look at the camera, but there does always have to be a place for the viewers eyes to "land".

Try cropping it from portrait to landscape and put her left eye in the "rule of thirds" cross. what flower is left is enough. (might have to make it almost square to get enough flower.)

Most reactions

Back