52 week photo project

So true! I hate it around here; no wonderful landscape potentials. I really enjoy doing landscape photography and the flat plains is a horrible place to do that...

Hello???? Where did everyone go?

Ugh. I've been on out of town for a trip I didn't expect to go well to begin with... It's lived up to expectations, and then some! I wanna go home!

I will be catching up. At this point I owe veggies and this week's entry... :( Hopefully early next week.

WhiskeyTango

well iv only jsut seen this thread, so ill play catch up as much as possible,

Romance
6923047417_a39ce4bda2_z.jpg

Colours
6923047341_ac8c1dbd42_z.jpg

Growth
6776933582_7e7fc85263_z.jpg

Vegetables
(technically a fruit but same thing ha ha)
6776933862_0cefb26fb6_z.jpg

Underneath
6923031663_598a361a65_z.jpg

Feel free to CnC my work! Always looking at others pictures and trying to mimic them as a different perspective.

#1. I'm not liking the complete blacked out effect. I like the rim light on all of it, I just wish there was some light on the glass and bottle.

#2. Quite underexposed and fairly centered. It looks like it is on the lower third of the shot, but it is still centered horizontally.

#3. I like this shot. The only thing that's driving me nuts is the stick in front of his face. I like the colors and the focus appears to be spot on though.

#4. The contrast appears to have bumped up quite a bit. There is almost no detail in the tomato(?).

#5. Easily the best of the bunch. The colors are beautiful. The focus appears to have been on the beak and should have been on the eye. I like the other chick in the background, it really adds a lot I think. The only major complaint I have with this shot, is the red thing. It is such a contrasting color that it really competes with the subject and draws attention.

#1. I'm not liking the complete blacked out effect. I like the rim light on all of it, I just wish there was some light on the glass and bottle.

#2. Quite underexposed and fairly centered. It looks like it is on the lower third of the shot, but it is still centered horizontally.

#3. I like this shot. The only thing that's driving me nuts is the stick in front of his face. I like the colors and the focus appears to be spot on though.

#4. The contrast appears to have bumped up quite a bit. There is almost no detail in the tomato(?).

#5. Easily the best of the bunch. The colors are beautiful. The focus appears to have been on the beak and should have been on the eye. I like the other chick in the background, it really adds a lot I think. The only major complaint I have with this shot, is the red thing. It is such a contrasting color that it really competes with the subject and draws attention.
i do agree with you, #2 was taken not long after i got the camera (first dslr, like 2 years ago) but it was the closest thing i could find to the 'colour' title as i really only shoot motorsport haha. the lizard and the chicks are the latest of the bunch. I also think if i had used a warmer light on the wine that it would have given it a better 'mood' as such. The tomato was a mission to shoot, had to time the drop perfectly as the tomato sinks too quickly and unless you held it high to drop in, the bubbles were boring. I'm going to try this type of shot again except with a capsicum or something lighter in weight.
thanks for the feedback :)

Underneath.

f22 1/13 ISO 100 +1 Exp Comp 18mm

IMG_1099b by asvphotos, on Flickr

I really like this shot. I wish that the left part of the tree wasn't clipped off though. I think this a great representation of the challenge!

Unfortunately, I was planning on something similar, just haven't had much time lately.

P.S. Where is everyone???

jmtonkin said:
I really like this shot. I wish that the left part of the tree wasn't clipped off though. I think this a great representation of the challenge!

Unfortunately, I was planning on something similar, just haven't had much time lately.

Still in Hawaii ;)

Just got back for the beach and will best posting early next week. Still have a mother week in paradise... Not that's mean to rub it in or anything. Lol

Edit: I would also agree that this is a great shot but as jmtonkin mentioned, it would have been nice to not have the left part of the tree cut off.

Thanks. Unfortunately the original is also slightly clipped on the left as well. My thinking while taking the photo was that since the right side was extremely clipped that a little bit on the left would be ok too. The focus was meant to be more on the snowy view from the bench. I was practicing super focal focus for my photography class. I would like to say I could reshoot to include more of the tree, but unfortunately the snow has all melted. :) But thanks for the feedback.

Ok. Back in the saddle. Hopefully I can catch up this week :)

Here's "Underneath"

Not the zenith of my photographic creativity, but I liked it... :)

As always: C&C is not only welcomed but requested!

Ok. Back in the saddle. Hopefully I can catch up this week :)

Here's "Underneath"

Not the zenith of my photographic creativity, but I liked it... :)

As always: C&C is not only welcomed but requested!

I kind of like as well. I not sure exactly what it is but I find myself drawn to it. I like the lines how it starts you off from the left up and out of the photo to the right.

I had an alternate candidate for that theme and was kinda torn. I'm glad you liked it.

I like the lines of it as well. But there is something awkward about the fragment of the window. I know that you have gone for a more cropped and chopped composition, but I would have either gone for all or nothing on the window. And also maybe a little color in the sky would have been nice. :).

And welcome back.

Alright here's my first photo as I try to play catch-up.

This is my take on underneath.
- It was a very humide day and was pretty far from these guys so the image isn't as clear as I would have liked but I still like the image.

6962900729_9ef895b18c_b.jpg
[/URL] _MG_3186-2 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

CC very much welcome

I guess I'm out. I have no time at all to even shoot a picture.... Err....

Most reactions

Back