5D Mark II setting issue

lennon33x

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I nabbed a Mark II about a month ago. Totally a step up from my Classic in a lot of respects. I do have an issue though.

When reviewing images on my classic, I can zoom in and out with the zoom buttons. But on the Mark II, I can zoom in, but when I hit the button to zoom out the screen goes blank. How do I fix this? Thanks

Here`s what the manual says

John.

Here`s what the manual says

John.

Oh and one little tidbit of info. I use back button focus. On the 5D it works flawlessly. Yes, I know there's a back button focus button but I want to make it consistent between my primary and backup bodies

Sorry i don't have a Canon, hopefully somebody else will answer your question.

John.

I think it's a setting issue. When I'm in playback mode, the AF – on button is actually the zoom out button. I think it has something to do with my back button focusing, but since I have all of my other settings set up, I don't want to have to go and factory reset it. Thanks for all of your help.

I think it's a setting issue. When I'm in playback mode, the AF – on button is actually the zoom out button. I think it has something to do with my back button focusing, but since I have all of my other settings set up, I don't want to have to go and factory reset it. Thanks for all of your help.

It'll be in the custom settings then. If you don't have the manual, google it and get a PDF. That or just scroll through the custom settings to find the one that changes the AF button.

Please check C.Fn IV:Operation/Others sub-option 2 "AF-ON/AE lock button switch". The default value is "0" (disable). Sounds like your camera has this enabled. This reverses the function of the two buttons.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back