5D MK III or D800?

A Nikon user's review of the Canon 5D Mark III » Ryan Brenizer ...

L
ooks likes a great camera but.. the BANDING at Low ISO's is still present. Surprised Canon haven't got rid of this yet!

Banding will occur if you push a photo 2.5 stops in post... Duh. But why wouldn't you go for a proper exposure with a slightly higher ISO anyway? It's kind of stupid IMO considering both cameras handle ISO very well.

Uh, SORRY dude...but have you seen how AMAZING the SONY-made sensor in the Pentax K-5 is???? How does this sound: set the camera's ISO dial to ISO 200. Then make an exposure at the equivalent of ISO 51,200. Result? A JET-BLACK raw file.

Then, import the jet-black, 9.5-stop-underexposed raw image into RPP processing software, and create a "passable" image--free from banding. As in "Free from BANDING". With a bit of color noise,sure, but NO Banding.

Oh, and this was 17 months ago. On a crop-sized, SONY-made sensor... Sorry, but your excuse about a 2.5 stop exposure showing banding when recovered? Yeah...maybe five years ago.SOny has already developed much better sensor technology than what Canon has managed to develop. Sony has,to put it mildly, already kicked Canon's ass in that department. It's called "better sensor technology" and the camera makers, Nikon and Pentax, are delivering "better electronics technology" to further enhance Sony's industry-leading sensor technology and products. Maybe that's because Nikon and Pentax are both first and foremost, camera-makers. Not photo copier makers...

How to recover a 10 stop underexposed K-5 image. [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Yeah, I'd love to shoot images 10 stops underexposed for no apparent reason. Because there is no reason. Turn the ISO up on a full frame camera. It can take it.

Also, that image may be passable to you, but not by my standards.

Wow, stop trying so hard dude. Nothing is "funny" or "humorous" about anything you've said in this thread. Unless you find it funny to come into a thread and take jabs at a camera feature which you obviously have little understanding of. It's in poor taste, and you come off as an uninformed troll. I didn't want to take the time to explain the importance of the feature to you, but youre in luck! Derrel has:
Awe you're cute:lovey:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back