imagesliveon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesliveon.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi peeps!

I've just picked up a 5D mkII at a reasonable secondhand price. When buying the body I was told it had just over 1000 actuations. This seems very low indeed. The body is in very good condition, almost new with just a few light scuffs. The only thing to show some wear is the strap as it's worn where it attaches to the body.

Is there a program available to tell me how much actuations this camera has completed.

Also, when shooting at identical settings to my 7D, the 5D sounds quite a bit different. Is this the norm?

Kind Regards
Simon

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the shutter/acctuation count. It's not going to tell you anything meaningful. Some fail at 10,000....other last till 100,000.

I do recall that there is/was a program that could extract the count from a RAW file. That information is supposedly burried in there somewhere. A google search should turn it up, I'd think.

As for the sound...yes, each camera has a different sound. The sound come from the mirror flipping up and the shutter opening and they are very different from the 5D to the 7D. For one thing, the 5D is full frame, so the mirror and shutter have to be bigger. The 7D is built to shoot much faster than the 5D, so it may have a slightly different design with different springs, bumpers etc. Some cameras go to great lengths to quite down the shutter noise. Back in the days of film, there was the film winding noise and some cameras were designed to keep that quiet as well. I think it was the EOS 3 that was the best in that regard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back