60D O m g ...

A courier company called "Someday" is very droll.

Sameday, someday, anyday, in my lifetime... pick one it sounds like with this company. Have to wonder how they are still in business.

I GOT MY CAMERA BACK!
She's clean as a whistle and sounds/feels gooood.

Ok short and sweet version, I'll wrap it all up tomorrow.
We walked in, the same guy that insulted me the first time served us, got the camera, let me test it, got me to sign the paperwork and I walked out.

It was covered under warranty. They overhauled and rebuilt the shutter unit, shutter count 314 080, they are rated for 100 000. Restored all functions, cleaned, checked and adjusted. 90 Day Warranty on repairs.

so....
did it get a new shutter? or...did they just spritz up the old one?

Today was finally SOMEDAY !!!!!

so....
did it get a new shutter? or...did they just spritz up the old one?

Bill, it was! Lol we even saw a Someday truck on our way home lol

Pix, rebuilt from what it says. I'm going to be in contact with the girl I've been dealing with and discussing it with her, I'm guessing the new shutter costs significantly more than the rebuild, which cost $250, guess what the Help Extended Warranty cost?
$215 so basically I prepaid the rebuild.

Ok.... FINALLY this whole issue is resolved, it took a while!

After I got my camera back I was still going back and forth with the regional manager about the level of service and my dissatisfaction with the Help plan (I essentially prepaid the repair). The regional manager offered to refund half of the Help plan and emailed the Cambridge store telling them to phone me to do the refund to the credit card (I refused gift certificates and to drive down to the store for the refund since it is a 3 hour round trip for us).
After waiting over a week for Cambridge to call me I emailed the regional manager back, told him to forget the refund to the card, at this point I was over it, my intent with the refund was to buy a film scanner elsewhere so they can either send me one or not, this whole thing ends NOW.... to find that he was no longer with the company (smh)! The young lady who replaced him was prompt in her service and now within less than a week of her involvement it has been resolved and I received the scanner this morning.

All I can say is wow, this was nuts! I dealt with two people there that I was very happy with their level of respect and customer service but there were others that ... just wow.

So final resolution:
Note: It was never about the money or trying to get value out of them, it was trying to make it right, this was a horrid experience all round.
Darkroom supplies order and shipping total refund.
Epson V600 scanner
Many apologies.

I'm happy that it is finally resolved, finally satisfied with the outcome and glad I stood up for myself as a consumer who spent a LOT of money in their store only to be treated badly.
Phew!

On the plus side, you'll like that V600 scanner! I've got, I think, the V500 and I've scanned thousands and thousands of photos and negatives with it.

I am glad that it's at least all in the rearview now. Time to get back to taking pictures, and 'edumacating" yourself (you know, going to school to get all smart and stuff…).

Thanks Sharon, good to hear!

Yes! This has been hanging over me unresolved for too long, it's good to be able to say it's finally over!

So you shot triple the rated life span for the shutter and still got it covered under warranty? Seems like a win to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back