67mm Canon Lens hood Questions??

WarpFactorVIII

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some help guys. I have a 17=85 Canon Lens and I'm looking for a lens hood that will screw onto the outside part of the lens and not the inside threads. I bought a cheap one off of ebay and with the hoya UV filter I use it does not work right. When I tighten the hood down Im able to see parts of it in my picture and I have to unscrew the filter an all just to take it off. When I set it to where I do not see the hood in the picture it is way to lose. If anyone could give me some suggestions on where to find one that will work on the outside of the lens instead of using the inside threads I would really appriciate.

Brandon

Awsome...This one looks like it attaches to the outside of the lens...Also some of the reviews said that it was reversiable for storage so that cool. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, most of the Canon hoods just go on with a quarter turn; some of them snap on. As far as I know all of them go on the outside though.

I put mine on the lens backwards when I'm not using it (the lens), I haven't had any problems with them fitting in my camera bag that way. If you have a really small camera bag it could be an issue though...

They call this a bayonet mount (rather than screw-on) and most Canon lenses have a corresponding hood that will fit and not vignette.

Most reactions

Back