6D vs 5D Mark ii

canonbraden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My friend is trying to talk me into getting the 5D Mark ii but I'm pretty set on the 6D. Which one is the better way to go?

Nikon D800 walks all over them why buy a pretender when you can have the real thing!
Ducking now, flak coming......

Go for the 6d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6D...

+Lighter
+Better Low Light
+More Focus Points (center being EV -3)
+Higher FPS
+Higher Max light sensitivity
+CHEAPER

I have a 5D mark II and love it. However if i were buying right now i would buy the 6D for all the reasons stated above. The 5D is more rugged and weatherized, but I baby my gear, so it doesnt need to be as rugged as it is..... Plus you can always buy a rain jacket for the 6D if you think things may get a bit dicey.

They are both great cameras and will take beautiful pictures, the 6D is just going to give you more range (less noise) on the darker end.

Nikon D800 walks all over them why buy a pretender when you can have the real thing!
Ducking now, flak coming......

Because some people actually *gasp* PREFER Canon. Oh, no!

Ha ha, to each his own eh?

Don't look back, you can't change anything.

Ha ha, to each his own eh?

Exactly. It's all preference.

I tested out the D800 and 5D Mark III before I decided on the 5D. I just preferred it.

And you won't regret it, it's a great camera. I nearly bought canon when I started out but, and this sounds stupid, I hate the grey color of their top lenses. Just makes them look cheap and flashy in my mind.

Don't look back, you can't change anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back