7 Month Old Girl Photo Session

You have some really nice shots there! I would suggest putting the images directly in the thread - you might get more comments that way.
I love the bright colors in these. Couple things I noticed - your highlights look too be a bit blown in a lot of these - maybe because of high contrast? And in some of them the baby's skin looks a little too pink. They are still great shots though and I'm sure her parents were pleased.

Hey Thanks for the Comments! I will add some of the photos below. I don't know why you think they look blown...I didn't up the contrast at all in the editing. The only one I can see that maybe would be the Black and White one with the family.

I do understand what you mean with the skin being a little too pink. I guess it doesn't help when she's up agains a pink background either. I only upped the saturation a little bit but I will have to watch for that in my next shoots! Thanks for the feedback!:wink:

2288823578_6519403e05_o.jpg

2288033405_153452d4c9_o.jpg

2288822568_a0bcd03b7f_o.jpg

2288033233_1dd4b90410_o.jpg

To me the brightness of the backgrounds in some are a little distracting - like in #2. She looks perfectly exposed though so I suppose it still works. This is one of those times where I feel like I don't know how to explain myself properly or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. :p
You could try adjusting the color balance or hue a bit maybe to remove some of the pink from her skin. It is hard whenever you are working with a brightly colored background.
Like I said before these are really lovely shots and a lot better than anything I've achieved yet, so just take my comments for what they are worth. :)

Hi - very cute images you have there. :) I do see a few blowouts on the skin in only a few, it's only slightly distarcting though and I bet the parents won't even notice.
That picture big hands, little guy - hilarious! Cracked me up. I could be wrong because the size they are in flickr makes it hard to tell but a few wiht the second baby, the little boy, seemed to have slight focus issues. Like I said though, that could just be the size.
Are you a fan of vingnetting at all? It would work with a few of those bur of course they look fine without, Just a suggestion.
When you up the saturation, do you do it in layers at all? THat helps when you can erase the skintone back to normal.
NICE!

Any comments are good comments to me. I always want to learn and grow.

I don't adjust the saturation with layers. I will definitely try doing that to see if I can improve the skin tone. I am rarely a fan of vignetting...sometimes I really like what it adds but other times it just looks soooo wrong haha. It would help to get rid of some of the distrations in the background for sure.

That little guy just LOVES to bug his eyes right out of his head. Pretty funny!

I'm not sure what you mean by slight focus issues. I always concentrate on making sure the eyes and face are super clear and sharp (which all of those are). Is that what you meant or do you mean something else by focus issues? Sorry they are so small but I do what I can to provent photo theft (like my photos are that good hah!) I have larger ones on my web site portfolio (below) but those are still quite small.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back