7 Ways to Predict a Dramatic Sunset

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good article - TFS. It seems that the more shooting I do outdoors, the more attuned I become to weather patterns.

I've watched thousands of sunrises and sunsets on land and the oceans (haven't most people?). Two of the four reasons I love my job is I get to see beautiful sunsets and sunrises dozens of miles off shore. After awhile you have seen enough to know if it's going to be a good sunset or not. I can tell about 1.5 hours out if it's going to be a sunset/rise that I'm going to like. Of course, it becomes a lot easier if you're watching weather radars and read up on the current thinking on the way our weather works. Buddy of mine and I have been talking for a few years about building a storm chasing vehicle and getting after it... Point is pay attention to the skies and weather long enough and you can "read" it eventually.

Thanks Lambert.

I've watched thousands of sunrises and sunsets on land and the oceans (haven't most people?). Two of the four reasons I love my job is I get to see beautiful sunsets and sunrises dozens of miles off shore. After awhile you have seen enough to know if it's going to be a good sunset or not. I can tell about 1.5 hours out if it's going to be a sunset/rise that I'm going to like. Of course, it becomes a lot easier if you're watching weather radars and read up on the current thinking on the way our weather works. Buddy of mine and I have been talking for a few years about building a storm chasing vehicle and getting after it... Point is pay attention to the skies and weather long enough and you can "read" it eventually.

Very well put.

Most reactions

Back