70-200 2.8 VR

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I finally got my lens today. I have a quick question. I would like to protect me investment using NC filter or UV filter. Which one shoud I use? What's the different between those?

Thanks
Marek.

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
After a bit of research, it seems that 'NC' is Nikon's own labeling. UV is 'Ultra Violet' and is a general label for most filter manufacturers.

I'm not sure if there is a real difference between Nikon NC filters and Nikon UV filters....but someone speculated that they are switching their UV filters to the NC nomenclature.

PushingTin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.christwine.com
Photos OK to edit
Alot of different theories on this but I am one of the believers...

Whats the point of putting cheap plastic/glass filter over expensive good glass.

Obviously if you going into an environment where your lens has a high risk of being damaged, by all means but otherwise....

OP
plastii

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
After a bit of research, it seems that 'NC' is Nikon's own labeling. UV is 'Ultra Violet' and is a general label for most filter manufacturers.

I'm not sure if there is a real difference between Nikon NC filters and Nikon UV filters....but someone speculated that they are switching their UV filters to the NC nomenclature.

You right. I did some research and NC and UV is the same thing. Why Nikon has to be so different?:er:

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hoya SHMC Pro UV filters. Don't accept the cheaper ones. On this lens the cheapies impact the performance visually.

dipstick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
You right. I did some research and NC and UV is the same thing. Why Nikon has to be so different?:er:

Really? I though NC was just a clear filter without UV filtering made simply for protection.

Most reactions

New Topics