70-200mm 2.8L IS Lens is on the way

CxThree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I could not hold out any longer. Ebay cashback via live.com fell from 13% to 11% today so I pulled the trigger before it falls more. It saved me $180 on the lens.

I can't wait to get my hands on this lens. I have wanted it for a year now. :) I have the F4 version and really enjoy it for outside photography. It's light and super sharp. I want the 2.8 for the speed since I am doing a Wedding next month and that means no flash. :(

Anyway. Just happy about the purchase and thought I would share the story.

OOps. Forgit to mention.

Now begins the search for the right filter for it.

I am leaning toward the Super line from Hoya for a good UV filter. However, I am still not sure I won't spring for the B&W. I am open to thoughts on these 2.

You will love that lens! If you must have a UV, either you mention are nice! I use B&W (circ. pol.) myself. I love the B&W's, but some of my higher end Hoyas are nice.

I see you have quite a nice nit of kit in your signature! Congrats!

Haha that lens is a beast, but remember, its not as light as the f/4. Also what are you going to need the filter for? The lens hood should be enough (it should come with a hood, all L's come with one). I would only use it to stop dirt and mud when shooting something like dirt races and stuff like that.

I am just funny about wanting something on the lens to protect the glass. I could go with a protection filter too.

Great lens, I love mine.

I don't use a filter...the lens hood should protect the front of the lens from 90% of things that it might come into contact with.

70-200 F/2.8 in Canon or Nikon is an awesome lens.

Just got back from Easter vacation and went by UPS tonight. The lens showed up in perfect condition. I plan on taking a lot of shots with it tomorrow. :)

OK. I officially LOVE this lens. I did my first sshoot with it on Friday and have been going through the images this weekend. The lens rocks.

OK. I officially LOVE this lens. I did my first sshoot with it on Friday and have been going through the images this weekend. The lens rocks.

STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS!!! :banghead:

It is a fantastic lens! How does it compair to the f/4 version in sharpness? Can you see any differnece at all?

I am still playing around with it and so far, its very close to me. I might not be good enough to fully see the sharpness difference. I will update you later this week when I have taken morew shots with the new one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back