70-300mm VR lens

mavericktg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get the 70mm - 300mm VR / VC lens for my d3100, now its between the nikon one or the tamron, I have read in lots of places that nikons sharper 70-200mm then tamron takes over after that and others saying tamron about the same up to 200mm then surpasses the nikon lens up to 300mm. I was hoping to get some feedback from users of either one and anyone else's opinions for that matter, I'm curious to know whether its worth spending an extra £100 for the nikon lens.

Cheers,

Dan.

mavericktg said:
Hi all,

I'm looking to get the 70mm - 300mm VR / VC lens for my d3100, now its between the nikon one or the tamron, I have read in lots of places that nikons sharper 70-200mm then tamron takes over after that and others saying tamron about the same up to 200mm then surpasses the nikon lens up to 300mm. I was hoping to get some feedback from users of either one and anyone else's opinions for that matter, I'm curious to know whether its worth spending an extra £100 for the nikon lens.

Cheers,

Dan.

It's not a bad lens for the money. I would get a tripod/monopod, and it really doesn't do well in low light. Since you have a cropped sensor your FOV is magnified 1.5x blessing/curse of the DX bodies. I have little knowledge of the Tamer on, and at the depends on what you're going to photograph.

I have the Tamron for Canon and am quite happy. Since getting an L series lens later on I can appreciate the differences in build/focus etc.

I can't comment on how it compares to the Nikon but I do think you would be happy with the Tamron.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back