700mm of Fish Goo and some other things

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This morning I found this nice Osprey in a tree eating his bunker. I decided to throw on my TC and see what I could do at 700mm. I got in position so the Osprey was about 50 feet above me. I was getting my normal shots like this, which I think look pretty decent for 700mm at 1/500th sec basically with 12 pounds of camera and lens balance on my head..

Osprey, Eyes to eye 8_5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

And then the Osprey hit something and shot this giant stream of goo out of the fish. I had to duck for cover...
Osprey Squirter 8_5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

I've posted enough Osprey lately, so I will move on to some other subjects..

George Jr is his normal perky self and lately I've been seeing him every morning..

3 This one is the Sigma 300 F2.8 prime
George Jr 8_3 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 I've been on a bit of an egret kick lately and I caught a nice sunset flight shot..
Great Egret 7_28 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 Managed to catch a kingfisher a few nights ago also.
Kingfisher 8_3 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 Even had time to do a self portrait... :) (Sigma 150 Macro)
Macro 8_4 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

7 I apologized to Pixel Rabbit on my FB page for this one..
Great Horned Owl with Rabbit 8_1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

8 Just to end this post on a peaceful note.. A couple baby swans that swam up and caught a neat pose with one in the shade and one in the light. It's funny there are about 300 Swans in the cove and every year only one family has babies. This year they have 5..
Cygnets 8_3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and comments welcome

You're killing me Larry! Excellent sweetness. You can balance the rig on your head, but can you juggle? :)

Me thinks the 500f4 plays well with the TC.

Oh, and the first couple of shots are simply gross; I don't like that kind of stuff :eek:. :laughing::laughing:

#2 with the spraying fish goo is very cool! All of them are excellent.

Excellent....as usual.....Kris.....your selfie #6 is better looking than you

WTH! What is that stuff gushing out of the fish in #2? Getting goose bumps!! :icon_shaking: Nominating that one just to scare a few more people!:icon_eek:

Also love the last one, beautiful image! :)

Last edited:
This morning I found this nice Osprey in a tree eating his bunker. I decided to throw on my TC and see what I could do at 700mm. I got in position so the Osprey was about 50 feet above me. I was getting my normal shots like this, which I think look pretty decent for 700mm at 1/500th sec basically with 12 pounds of camera and lens balance on my head..

Osprey, Eyes to eye 8_5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

And then the Osprey hit something and shot this giant stream of goo out of the fish. I had to duck for cover...
Osprey Squirter 8_5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

I've posted enough Osprey lately, so I will move on to some other subjects..

George Jr is his normal perky self and lately I've been seeing him every morning..

3 This one is the Sigma 300 F2.8 prime
George Jr 8_3 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 I've been on a bit of an egret kick lately and I caught a nice sunset flight shot..
Great Egret 7_28 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 Managed to catch a kingfisher a few nights ago also.
Kingfisher 8_3 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 Even had time to do a self portrait... :) (Sigma 150 Macro)
Macro 8_4 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

7 I apologized to Pixel Rabbit on my FB page for this one..
Great Horned Owl with Rabbit 8_1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

8 Just to end this post on a peaceful note.. A couple baby swans that swam up and caught a neat pose with one in the shade and one in the light. It's funny there are about 300 Swans in the cove and every year only one family has babies. This year they have 5..
Cygnets 8_3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and comments welcome
Love them all. #2 is clearly a fish exorcism. Too bad you had to shoot at such a high speed; at a slow shutter speed, we could have seen the blur from the fish's head spinning.

Bravo man! Your pics always impress:Hail.sml:

Fish goo made me look (although this might qualify as more than goo lol). I love #4, that's beautifully done. I'd be printing that one (and probably some of the others too).

Okay, so these shots are all awesome and all but dang it man I would have paid real money to see a shot of you balancing that on your head. Now that would have been a money shot

Lol

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

I want the picture of you balancing the gear on your head lol

You're killing me Larry! Excellent sweetness. You can balance the rig on your head, but can you juggle? :)
Me thinks the 500f4 plays well with the TC. Oh, and the first couple of shots are simply gross; I don't like that kind of stuff :eek:. :laughing::laughing:
The TC does OK on static subjects. Doesn't really like playing with flying birds too much. You know how I love my super gross-ness. I'm surprised no one said anything about the Owl with the Rabbit head.. LOL

#2 with the spraying fish goo is very cool! All of them are excellent.
Thanks John!

Excellent....as usual.....Kris.....your selfie #6 is better looking than you
Yup, much cuter :)

WTH! What is that stuff gushing out of the fish in #2? Getting goose bumps!! :icon_shaking: Nominating that one just to scare a few more people!:icon_eek:
Also love the last one, beautiful image! :)
LOL, Thanks Raj, not so sure fish goo is going to be a real big vote getter, but I appreciate it :)

Love them all. #2 is clearly a fish exorcism. Too bad you had to shoot at such a high speed; at a slow shutter speed, we could have seen the blur from the fish's head spinning.
I have plenty of those. Looking up at these guys is always tough. The light is always above or behind them so I have to balance shutter speed with ISO.

Bravo man! Your pics always impress:Hail.sml:
Thank you!

Fish goo made me look (although this might qualify as more than goo lol). I love #4, that's beautifully done. I'd be printing that one (and probably some of the others too).
Thank you!

Okay, so these shots are all awesome and all but dang it man I would have paid real money to see a shot of you balancing that on your head. Now that would have been a money shot
Lol
I want the picture of you balancing the gear on your head lol
I can't do that again for a while, I would need a neck brace and perhaps a wheel chair!

Love the Kingfisher shot.
I was pretty happy to get that one, I was standing on a causeway and I knew he was in a tree, of course some people walking by had to know what I was pointing my camera at. I kind of grunted a Kingfisher.. Of course as soon as they said where, he dove like a bat out of hell and I had no time to catch the dive...

My what big eyes you have! Now we know how you find all those birds. Great photos, although I'm with JacaRanda on the ick factor, lol.

Kris, great shots as usual. I think I would be a little more careful about ordering the fish dish if I ever have the occasion to eat in your restaurant. :laugh2: Oh yah, what big eyes you have - no wonder your pics are so great! :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back