$75k lens expansion

markol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A month ago a few friends and I started an online lens rental service at (http://www.borrowlenses.com) and are now undergoing a huge expansion. We aim to provide a large variety of camera lenses and are adding $75k in additional inventory. Come check us out. We are adding super-telephoto lenses, specialty lenses, more copies of what we already have, as well as a couple of Nikon lenses.

If you have suggestions or requests to carry additional lenses, please let us know. We will do our best to accommodate. With so much money to throw around, should not be a problem.

The coupon code TPF5 ($5 off first rental) is still in effect for users of this forum.

"as well as a couple of Nikon lenses"

every place i've seen that does web based rentals such as yourself, they always have every canon lens ever made and exactly that, a couple of nikon lenses that are always out of stock.

why is that? Seems like that is the case even in stores

yea it would be great if you guys had a wider variety of inventory not in the types department but the mounts, i go to the races every now and then and other than that i dont need a big lens, if you carried pentax mounts i would more likely than not rent from you guys

Hey - thanks for everyone's feedback so far. Based on your suggestions we will evaluate expanding our Nikon inventory by more than a couple as it seems that a number of our friends have told us the same thing. I am not sure about mounts, but I will check around and get back to you on that. What specific Nikon lenses would you be interested in?

600 f/4, 300,f/2.8 and 200 f/2.0 are the first fer off the top of my head. You are in the Cincy area, right? What part of town?

So it's official - I just met with my partners last night and we decided due to popular demand to expand our inventory into Nikon lenses, so your feedback is crucial as we will try our best to stock those lenses that are in demand. We plan to place our order by the end of this week, so timing is of the essense - as soon as we receive our inventory we will make it available on our site, and everyone is welcome to use the coupon code provided. jstuedle - thanks for providing the specifics already. We are actually in the SF Bay Area though one of our partners is in Chicago. Thanks for everyone's help.

You guys have really good prices. I just may use this in the future. I think you guys have a lineup of some of the most popular lenses already. your Nikon expansion idea is great and I'm going to say you should just get multiples of the more commonly rented lenses. People seem to love renting telephotos the most due to size they plan on using it in sessions rather than daily so they don't drop the cash to own one but rather use one when going to an event of some kind with distanced seating. My only advice to you, as you rent out equipment, tally your popular stuff, and stock in bulk. Good luck, and you may see me using the service someday.

Most reactions

Back