7D mark II rumours ?

Aakajx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been reading to see if there's going to be any new canon cameras out soon.. And stumbled across that's canon maybe bringing out a 7d mark 11 if its true the camera sounds awesome.

"Aparrently" Specifications

24.1mp APS-C Sensor
Dual DIGIC V
10fps
Dual Memory Card Slots (Unknown configuration)
61 AF Points (I wonder if we’ll get red focus points in AIS?)
3.2″ LCD
Build quality like 5D3
GPS & Wifi
$2199 ($500 more than the 7D at launch, I’d like to see such a camera come in under $2000)
ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
“Lots of video features”

I've been reading to see if there's going to be any new canon cameras out soon.. And stumbled across that's canon maybe bringing out a 7d mark 11 if its true the camera sounds awesome.

"Aparrently" Specifications

24.1mp APS-C Sensor
Dual DIGIC V
10fps
Dual Memory Card Slots (Unknown configuration)
61 AF Points (I wonder if we’ll get red focus points in AIS?)
3.2″ LCD
Build quality like 5D3
GPS & Wifi
$2199 ($500 more than the 7D at launch, I’d like to see such a camera come in under $2000)
ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
“Lots of video features”

IF it comes with those specs, then I'll have to find $2199 to get me one. Honestly, those seem more like 5D M??? specs to me.

Looks great but I'd doubt it will materialise

I am waiting for this to, but is it going to happen. :waiting: If it does come with those specs,Time to to start selling things off in the house.

Last edited:
Ok, but really the impotant question, will it have a bottle opener.

Alright, you laugh but Pepsi is bringing back the glass bottle, and believe me nothing is better than an ice cold pepsi in a glass bottle. So if they've got a bottle opener in there I might be convinced to switch.. lol

I am fairly new to this camera game, but I choose to believe it is happening. I think prototypes were used in Sochi. I believe they will be used in Brazil for the World Cup.

And, I believe I can fly.

If the latest rumored specs are close, I will have a 7D mk II in my hands. Not sure what body part I will have to sell, but it won't be either of my hands.

Canon doesn't have many rumours - they keep a very tight hold over production details. The only time rumours really get out is when production models are sent out for field testing and get seen or when news is already released a few days early to various external sources (and thus a few sources leak early).

Most Rumour is actually not a rumour but more guesswork based upon Canon's previous release patterns and upon what's expected. The 7D has sold well and in the 70D Canon kept in line with the 60D which supports the idea that the mid-range crop sensor format is still valid and being continued by Canon. As a result the idea that they will release a higher end crop sensor - a replacement for the 7D - is a very likely chance.

In my opinion the only thing that will kill a new 7D is if Canon pushes toward a fullframe sensor format across a greater part of their range. It's not impossible as with high MP sensors cropping is a much more viable option for todays digital cameras.

I hope it has a retro body design.

Something to spark some thought/debate/arguments/bans

Last edited by a moderator:
A 7D mk II has been speculated on for ages so I'm not holding my breath. Personally I'd love to see a good low light and dynamic range performance with fast frame rates combined with a great AF system. Kinda the things that made the 7D such a good camera in the first place.

I shoot with a 7D just now and really the only thing I would fault it on is the outdated sensor, possibly a max and min shutter speed custom function too though that's a minor quibble that I can work around. personally speaking I don't see a 70D or a 6D as a real upgrade path for me. If anything I'd have to look at the 5D to feel like I retain the features I like with my current camera.

The 5DMIII is the only non 1D that has a similar AF to the 7D. So the 70D and 6D don't replace it on that score. Like yourself weepete the only thing I feel I really want is better sensor performance. AF refinement and other elements but in general its the core camera sensor and noise performance that I'd like to see improve.

The problem is likely to be the perceived need to make sure that the 7D doesn't seem better than the 6D, which many already think has been cut to not seem better than the 5DMKIII.

As a Nikon guy I gotta tell ya I cant wait for the 7D II to come out, why ?
Because I have a feeling that soon after that Nikon will come out with the D400.
Frankly I don't care about this mystical D400 but I know so many people are dreaming of this camera and if they will get it they will STOP talking about how bad they want it..............and there will be peace again :)

Honestly at this point, short of a major innovation or huge performance increase I don't really see anything to get excited about on the radar. A focus point here, ISO there and a couple MP bump doesn't get my motor revving.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back