8 year old LADY

mohit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildlywise.com
I was in Kashmir last year and saw this little girl in the stands at a traditional festival. She was just 8 years old (i found out later) but the eyes showed me someone who'd experienced 80 years. She was one of the children who grabbed at the leftover snacks from the chief guest's table which left me feeling really low...anyway its those eyes i'll never forget. MY first post in this gallery - hope u like it...
05.jpg

Stunning shot! I absolutely love it and god! she really looks older. It's simply amazing how you captured that thoughtful moment!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Amazing capture. If I wouldn't have read the description, I would have probably guessed her to be in her 30s.

Whoa !

This is a gorgeous shot. Colors are beautiful, the head covering frames her face perfectly and really draws attention to her eyes. Yet, even if she wore no head gear, it IS hard to miss those eyes.

I really had to take a long look to try and see the 8 year old in there, her eyes do make her look a lot older then her years.

Great capture :thumbsup:

Wow... Thanks for sharing, it's an an amazing photograph... :heart:

"She was one of the children who grabbed at the leftover snacks from the chief guest's table which left me feeling really low"

Its an awesome shot, but I dont understand what you mean by the sentence above.

hi steve.this festival in kashmir is in quite a remote area where the children there do not really get to see too many fancy snacks like the ones laid out for the chief guest. Actually they just about get enough to eat at times. So when the chief guest left without having really consumed any of the stuff, the local kids from the neighbouring villages who had sneaked into the "vip" enclosure jumped at the plates and before you could blink an eye, the snacks were now in their tummies.It was an amusing sight but makes you realise the lives these beautiful children are having to lead.well, my subject was one of these village children.

I understand now, I wasnt sure if she had gotten into trouble for taking the food.

Do you think the Chief Guest only nibbled at the food to allow the children to have some? What was the festival about, who was the chief guest?

So many questions... :)

Most reactions

Back