80-200mm push pull value question

Infinite_Day

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came across an 80-200mm push pull on Craigslist this morning. Haven't asked about condition yet (fungus, glass, etc.) but the photos don't look too bad. It's the first version so older but still AF. The seller has it listed at $225. There don't seem to be a lot of examples of this lens around for sale. I was wondering if it's worth it assuming it's in good condition. Any help is always appreciated. I'll keep looking for comparables in the meantime.

Seems pretty low to me. Either something is wrong or it's a heck of a deal. I would expect an 80-200 2.8 push pull version to be over $500.

If it checks out, I would jump on it.

That does seem very low

Thanks for the replies. That's what I suspected. I think I'm gong to pass since I don't need to spend the money right now and the seller doesn't live super close to me. I don't want to take the chance of driving all the way to meet the person to find out the lens is not so great. Thanks again for the help.

Yeah it does seem low, but that said i've been keeping an eye on craigslist here in the UK and there are some insane prices going (a Canon 1Ds mark III for £1250 or a 500mm f/4 IS for £1500?????) interestingly, when I emailed both sellers, stating I had cash and would happily exchange it face to face for the items never heard from them again!) there seems to be a large amount of the listings over here at any rate that are conmen trying to part you from your hard earned, so as always, caveat emptor as the saying goes. If it's gen then it's a cracking deal.

i would drive up there to see what is the lens condition. you could be suprised what you can find on craiglist/kijiji for cheap

Seems like a good deal. The AF-D (2nd gen push pull) go for about $500 on Ebay and the AF (1st gen, biggest difference is the front element rotates away from the lens) go for about $400). On Ebay, 80-200 push pulls with a small scratch in the front element might go for around $225. Maybe its just a good deal, it can't hurt to email the seller about the condition.

BTW, I love this lens, a little heavy for walking around but takes amazing photos.

Are you sure its not the manual focus f4.5 version?

$225 is what i recently sold a first gen f2.8 80-200mm lens with a sticky aperture and a chip in the front element. Mint this lens is worth $400-$550.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back