80s-90s pictures?

C0o1smo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
where can i find something like an archive of photos from the 1980s or 1990s? for some reason, i like those ones taken with cameras that have the old dates in the corner of the screen. could anybody help me?

You can add a date stamp on pretty much any 35mm camera. Make your own archive, I'd say.

Talk to anyone over the age of 35. I'm sure they will have some lying around.

Since I didn't like the date messing up my photos, I always turned that function off.

My new camera can make a new date if I choose.

Sort of an up-to-date date, as it were.

Many modern cameras can add a date stamp.

Figure out how to do it with yours, crank up the ISO and go find a bunch of folks with mullets to shoot. VOILA! Instant 80's archive.

On a funny note, One of my friends got married about a decade ago and asked their "photographer friend" to photograph the wedding.

She left the date stamp enabled.

The camera was set to the wrong date.

I find it hilarious. My friend... well... not so much.

I find it telling that it's described as a time stamp on the "screen" and not the print ;)

I remember that phase of developing and printing when the time stamp appeared on the print. It was kind of handy, but I much preferred the time stamp on the back. I've got boxes of prints from the 80s and 90s but I couldn't tell you if any of them had the stamp. I also don't feel like going through them to find out.

So, I have to ask...what is so interesting about this? Is it the time stamp itself, the "look" of the photos, the sort of anthropological/voyeuristic interest of seeing the "olden days"...?

Most reactions

Back