85mm Lenses for Olympus

coleclough27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I'm looking for any advice on what 85mm lens is best for my Olympus OM-10. From my research I can only see that there are adapters for Olympus lenses on other bodies.

What other lenses can people recommend other than the Zuiko 85mm f2? (As I find these hard to come by).

Are there other suitable lenses for olympus bodies?

Cheers for any help.

I guess it depends on what you want it for. If you want the 85mm FOV of a full frame camera, the 42 should be fine. I think they make quite a good 42/1.8 which will give you a similar FOV that the 85 on a FF camera.

FOV of a full frame camera
I'm assuming @coleclough27 is talking about the Olympus OM-10, which is a 35-mm film camera?

Otherwise, if talking about the digital EM-10, I can give some lens recommendations.

Yes I'm talking about the OM-10 35mm film camera.

I'm looking for a suitable portrait lens for it.

I'm wondering if you could find any of the following: 85 mm, 90 mm f/2 (it looks to be a macro lens), or the 135 mm f/2.8. I couldn't help you with IQ. I think there's also an 85 f/2.8? Not sure?

While the below links are people that have adapted the lenses for their micro four-thirds cameras, they may give you some hint to the quality of the lenses:

Also look around on that site for other OM lenses in the Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back