A 10 At Jones Beach NY

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went down to check out the practice sessions for this weekends air shows and got this shot. It was somewhat hazy and my 200mm was pushed to the max. My first airshow and felt like I needed way more lens :blushing:

p316521581-4.jpg

You may well have felt so but this one example is superb for someone who's never done airshows before.
Not that I'd be any kind of expert in the field. No! I'd fail miserably, I might not even get ONE plane into my frame... :roll: ... actually "lostprophet" is one of our experts in the field (used to go a lot, and post a lot, but he's sort of "dropped out"), he'd actually be able to give you lots of advice...

For Airshows you generally want 300mm minimum, however you did a spectacular job there! The condensation and the wing vortex is amazing as well, its not often you get to see that happen, let alone get a shot of it ;)

Also, don't be afraid to crop, its ideal to get as much of the frame taken up by the aircraft. Get it cropped tightly with just enough room on the edges for the aircraft to breathe, and you have a superb shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back