A 19 Degree Day At The Edwin B. Forsythe Wildlife Refuge GBH'S 10 Pic's

WildBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbillsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was a very cold morning with an overnight coating of snow. The brochure says that Great Blue Herons are uncommon this time of year, but I think someone forgot to tell the GBH's, as I saw over 50 take flight at one time! Here are a few that stayed behind,
1:

2:
DSC_6764.jpg

3:
DSC_6765.jpg

4:
DSC_6766.jpg

5:
DSC_6802.jpg

6:
DSC_6804.jpg

7:
DSC_6807.jpg

8:
DSC_6846.jpg

9:
DSC_6860.jpg

10:
DSC_6689.jpg

Thanks For Looking,
Bill

HOLY TOLEDO!! Some awesome pics there. You sure got close. And it's cool to see several together....the few times I'm able to spot them, they're always alone. If I had to pic faves, I'd go for 4, 6 and 9. Thanks for sharing these

Oh my! How close did you get to the herons!!!!! :shock:
I don't get it!
Do you stalk them?
Do you set up somewhere underneath a camouflage tent and wait for them? In such freezing temperatures? Wow, if that is so then I clearly lack the dedication and must not complain that my bird pics always and only show birds from afar.... :roll:
Very good ones! All of them.
And while I am full of awe :hail: over 5, 6 and 7, I also like them huddled up as they are in the windswept swamp in 9 (and you were there, too! Freezing off the tips of your fingers, for example? Brrrr! More :hail: )

Oh my! How close did you get to the herons!!!!! :shock:
I don't get it!
Do you stalk them?
Do you set up somewhere underneath a camouflage tent and wait for them? In such freezing temperatures? Wow, if that is so then I clearly lack the dedication and must not complain that my bird pics always and only show birds from afar.... :roll:
Very good ones! All of them.
And while I am full of awe :hail: over 5, 6 and 7, I also like them huddled up as they are in the windswept swamp in 9 (and you were there, too! Freezing off the tips of your fingers, for example? Brrrr! More :hail: )

Oh my! How close did you get to the herons!!!!! #5, #6, and #7 were around 30 feet.

Did I stalk them? ... In a way.

Do you set up somewhere underneath a camouflage tent and wait for them? In such freezing temperatures? ...Why yes I did.. a 2006 Chevy Uplander Mini Van. From the driverside window with the heat full blast. :D

All but #9 and #10 are full frame.

Thank you all for your kind comments,
Bill

:hail: great stuff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back