A 500+ year old oak.

weags77

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Granby Oak tree in Granby, CT. I have worked and driven past this tree thousands and thousands of times. This was my first ever picture of it. I hope you like. C&C highly encouraged.

Attachments

• $image-2199181846.jpg
    $image-2199181846.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 141
How did you shoot this, and how did you process it?

Can you get the entire tree in the frame? Hopefully, you can get something to show scale, also. If the surrounding area does not lend itself well to good, clear shots, then you'll have to get creative.

I took 3 exposures. Used HDR effex2 then minor lighroom adjustments and converted to black and white in Silver Efex.

Haloing effect. Get rid of it.

Besides that - excellent shot.

I did take a few others after that got the whole tree but I was for some reason drawn to this one. I wasn't worried about scale as to me the tree just looked imposing to me in post. I was hoping to convey that and I felt not getting the whole tree actually made the tree look that much larger in the frame. I will try to see some different angles I can go at it from to get a better view.

Reason I asked.. is that the shot was hurting my eyes. That HDR Effex haloing. Could be a decent shot otherwise....

Thanks and sorry bout your eyes.

I'm not really sure the HDR Effex was responsible for the haloing. Though I could be wrong I can see some form of haloing in this untouched shot. Anybody else have ideas ?

$image-2883297083.jpg

No hdr just single shot with quick B + w conversion. Is this any better ?

YES! Better.. although the B&W could use some contrast tweaking I think... play with it. (and yes.. it was the HDR processing! Makes me feel like I would get a headache if I look at it too long, lol!)

Most reactions

Back