A beach in Connemara

ThomThomsk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
West coast of Ireland, summer 2005

79458945_e1e9f36f31_o.jpg

i like the sand, sky, and water in this shot!!! it's good how you got those two people in it!! :thumbup:

Oh man, I love Ireland... We're planning a trip next spring for our honeymoon :D

Would you mind if I run your photo trough Photoshop for a moment? It's a bit dark and it lacks some contrast IMO. That's a shame because it's a very nice shot.

jeroen said:
Oh man, I love Ireland... We're planning a trip next spring for our honeymoon :D

Would you mind if I run your photo trough Photoshop for a moment? It's a bit dark and it lacks some contrast IMO. That's a shame because it's a very nice shot.
Feel free, but why not use the original? What I posted pretty much matches what I visualised at the time, but needed a bit of playing around with a curves layer (overlayed in Multiply mode at 50% opacity) and monochromed with a Channel Mixer layer (red +20% and blue -20%). I'm no expert with PS, so it will be interesting to see what you make of it:

79755525_2717573437_o.jpg

Great photo, Jeroen's method of b&w is a little better. However, honestly, I like the color best. Very nice shot - like the composition & the two people. Great job!

jeroen said:
Done with multiple masked adjustment layers, mainly "levels", and converted to grayscales with a "hue" layer on top.

What do you think?

Very good Jeroen, and better than my attempt. I wanted a bit more drama in the clouds than the original had, but without masking I ended up losing too much shadow detail.

Calliope said:
Great photo, Jeroen's method of b&w is a little better. However, honestly, I like the color best. Very nice shot - like the composition & the two people. Great job!

Thank you Calliope, it's nice of you to say so!

Most reactions

Back