A Beautiful Day at the Lake (C&C Welcomed)

Chairman7w

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Beautiful Day at the Lake (C&C Welcomed)

3419217255_dca2f319de_o.jpg

3419217183_5c3266db68_o.jpg

3420025566_789e1cf30f_o.jpg

i like the first one best. but the glow of the last one is really cool. i have mixed feelings about two. part says "get rid of that tree on the left, and centered! and yet, when i look at it, it almost feels like a movie shot. they often center a person like this. In this case i almost feel like im there and this persone is walking right toward me. It really looks like a candid shot, even though she's standing there staring at the camera. it has a real nice feel, like the camera really is my eyes.

funny
second one is my favorite
looks the most natural to me and i like the different treatment
it's sexy and fun
nice :)

#1 is very nice. The second I would like better if it was desat. a little bit more to remove some of the filter. #3 though kinda looks creepy with the glow coming from the bottom :) Overall very nice and they seem candid, which I like

They all look a little green to me which doesn't seem too flattering, but I'm no professional. The pictures, themselves are beautiful. Nice model, good shots.

Im kinda partial to #3 I like the gold glow like that for some reason.

i like the supernatural feel of 2 for sure...but im also really diggin' the glow of 3...was that a gold reflector?

i like the supernatural feel of 2 for sure...but im also really diggin' the glow of 3...was that a gold reflector?

Indeed it was, SrBiscuit! It's the 5-in-1 reflector/diffuser. Love it!

C. & C. as requested from a more experienced take. Number 2 is out of focus with a washed out sky. Number 1 would be better in a portrait format and with exposure for the model not the background. Fill flash or postprocessing is necessary to improve this one. The jewellry and top of the dress are visually distracting as well. In the nature of FYI, pros pick clothes carefully before any portrait shoot. Number 3 is the best in terms of having hair highlights, sharpness and the eyes better exposed, but it still has weaknesses. The lighting and shadows are not flattering and a problem around the eyes. The eyes should be where the visual focus is, but in Number 3 it is on the teeth which does not work for the image. The shoulder bones are emphasized by the low lighting and the jewellry and clothes distract from the eyes.

An interesting effort but portraits require a considerable amount of work and attention to the smallest detail. Keep at it.

skieur

All are a bit dark, I wish I could see her eyes. Also, the smile is sort of posed looking, I don't get the feel that the model was really enjoying herself.

The last one suffers because of lines on her face, perhaps cloning them out is the right thing to do?

Great advice Skieur, thanks a bunch. Those are the little things I'd like to learn to be second-nature. The fact you're helping me with those kind of details tells me on the right track. Thanks everybody.

C. & C. as requested from a more experienced take. Number 2 is out of focus with a washed out sky. Number 1 would be better in a portrait format and with exposure for the model not the background. Fill flash or postprocessing is necessary to improve this one. The jewellry and top of the dress are visually distracting as well. In the nature of FYI, pros pick clothes carefully before any portrait shoot. Number 3 is the best in terms of having hair highlights, sharpness and the eyes better exposed, but it still has weaknesses. The lighting and shadows are not flattering and a problem around the eyes. The eyes should be where the visual focus is, but in Number 3 it is on the teeth which does not work for the image. The shoulder bones are emphasized by the low lighting and the jewellry and clothes distract from the eyes.

An interesting effort but portraits require a considerable amount of work and attention to the smallest detail. Keep at it.

skieur

Most reactions

Back