A Beginner's Flower Pix..

ThxForNothing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey. I'm just now starting to try and take "serious" photos, as in, not just snapshots.... lol. Anyway, I'd appericiate some feedback on the following photos. Much thanks in advance.
:lovey:

Droplets:
This is the first try i've had at a flower that's wet:

Flower13.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Black & White:
The top one is my favorite, personally. Which one do you prefer?

Flower5-BW.gif

Flower10-Final-1.gif

Another Flower:
Maybe I should ask my grandma what kind of flowers these are, eh? lol.

Flower11-1.gif

White Flowers:
The first ever flower picture I actually put some effort in.

Flowers-Smaller.gif

Very nice! Favorites are the black and whites.. Composition is great in those two.. The lily (One after the B7Ws) is a good shot, but for me I would have moved myself over to the right to have the center of the lily more as the focal point.

The last one is nice, the lighting is good but for me its a little unfocused?

The first one is beautifuly with the raindrops... I would (personal preference) Crop it some...

On the first one, it looks like the inner parts of the petals are being hit by direct, harsh sunlight and are almost blown out. I like the composition though... I'd try that shot again in early morning, or late evening, when you can get some shade on it, or at least less harsh light.

I really like your B&W shots..and I'm not usually a big B&W fan.

My favorite, though, is the next to last one. I like the colors in it. The light is still a bit harsh, but perfect (to me) otherwise.

This forum isn't quite as busy this morning as it normally is through the week, so it may take a little while for more people to comment on them. Overall, I like them all a lot!

Cool- thanks for the comments guys. I was hoping there would be more activity on such a large forum, lol. But I guess not everyone stays up at all hours of the night/morning with insomnia like me. Woooo. :thumbup:

Anyways,
I cropped the droplets one, I also tried something new, I believe you would call it selective coloring. What do you thinik? I mean don't get me wrong, I love the original-- but this edit just interests me. I also changed the contrast/brightness in the very last black and white shot that JD liked, in hopes of making it less... well, bright. lol

Flower10-Final.gif

Droplets.gif

Besides the coloring, what about that for the crop job?

yeah, I agree.. i'm annoyed by that. If I think about it later tonight, i'll try and reshoot that one.. i'll just turn the spriklers back on for a few--

(thats right, I cheated.... hehe.. raindrops my ass.. rofl. )

hahaha. I wish it was real, I'd prefer it that way.

Hey-- do you know exactly where would I go about posting pictures of animals? I looked around last night and I don't remember seeing any specific place...

I really like the black and white shots and I love your idea of creating your own rain well done :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back