a Beginner's Introduction

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I'm 14 years old and I decided I wanted a camera, so just a few months ago my dad took me to a store and I got my first one ever. It's a Casio Exilim PRO EX-P505 Digital Camera and we got it for about 300 bucks not including other charges. I think it is more than enough to get me started and so far I've already taken some impressive pictures. For me, anyways.

Overall this is just my introduction to this forum, so far everything looks great with this site and I will be a positive member, I'll give and recieve comments/ criticism, and I will enjoy my time with you guys. I'll even try to get some pictures up on this forum for you guys to view and comment on, which could help me become a better photographer.

Also, if you'd like to give any advice to a new photographer/ forum member PLEASE DO! Just any type of advice or feedback would be very cool. Thanks guys.

-RKW3 :wink:

Sounds good!

Take as many pictures as possible and go to your local library/book store and get nice, big awesome photography books that are oh so good!

If you decide to stick with photography as a hobby - it is amazing how it will completely change how you see things and introduce lots of neat experiences. Welcome to TPF, and looking forward to seeing your work! :)

Welcome to the forum. I read about the camera you have and it seems like a great one to learn on. A good book to get you started on what will be a lifetime of learning andf enjoument is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Petereson. It is published by Amphoto is is available on Amazon.com much cheaper than at the large book stores.
Enjoy the journey!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back