A bird in the bush...

alcina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kjaphotos.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this guy across from our house in a bit of undeveloped bushland as I was driving home today so stopped to see if he'd let me get close. He wasn't overly cooperative, but he didn't try to charge me, either so I'm counting it as a win :) I love the afternoon colours here...

IMG_2392-2.jpg

Canon 40D, 17-55 IS @ 23mm, ISO 200 HTP on, f5.0, 1/400

Looks a tad over exposed, but it just might be my monitor. Great capture. Cropped any?

Mark

Wow! I REALLY wish those were in MY backyard too! Lucky! Nice shots, like Markw said, a little overexposed, but I like it. Were you scared to get close, arent there legs so powerful they could easily kick a door off a car?

2000 lbs per square inch of kicking force. Theyll degut you faster than you can realize its coming if you catch one on a bad day. I heard.

Mark

And here I was expecting to see a tiny bird in a bush somewhere, and what is it we get to see? A fully grown emu! Wow! And he was in no Wildlife Park or something? Just walked along there?

I've only ever seen (and tried to feed) an emu in Cleland National Park, and that experience showed me that they are also quite forceful with their heads and beaks!

Most reactions

Back