A bit of a facelift

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
I was trying to figure out if there was an easy way to do selective coloring on the tree (i.e. all the leaves at once instead of going over each leaf since that would take FOREVER...) and i kept tweaking here and there, and I like how it turned out.

The original:
yelloworangetree-orig.jpg

The new version:
yelloworangetree.jpg

I like the colors that you were going for, but it sort of looks fake to me. Kind of reminds me of something that would be in the movie Big Fish...which I really like so take that as a compliment :wink:

I replied to your post in the graphics programs forum Dan :)

There's something wierd about the contrast in this photo. I don't think you've over saturated it, but the midtones see to high. Even in the original, the exposure is wierd.

i think I had saturation/contrast/etc settings that my camera has all on high since that was the day after I got the camera, and I found out they don't result in that great of pictures and that I can do a lot better in photoshop... so like you said, this one started out being a tad "off"

Heavy saturations often looks nice, and it's interesting you used it on a graveyard scene where the opposite (black and white, or moody) is usually done :)

Personally I prefer the first shot. The saturation in the second makes the tree look stuck on - and the grass looks pink. Nice shot though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back